x

Do I have to link a business bank account to Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: the bank i use, does it have to be a business acc? or can i use the one i set up before i got my ein

the bank i use, does it have to be a business acc? or can i use the regular bank acc i set up before i got my ein #? im starting a food truck business. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

As long as you have a routing and account number, Square will deposit funds. Here's a help article with more information.

That said, I highly recommend keeping your business and personal accounts separate. It will save a TON of time when it comes to end of year accounting. Now that you have an EIN and an established account, there shouldn't be any issue with opening a new account with your bank. If your accounts are separate already, you should be able to convert the new account to a business account with no issues.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

As long as you have a routing and account number, Square will deposit funds. Here's a help article with more information.

That said, I highly recommend keeping your business and personal accounts separate. It will save a TON of time when it comes to end of year accounting. Now that you have an EIN and an established account, there shouldn't be any issue with opening a new account with your bank. If your accounts are separate already, you should be able to convert the new account to a business account with no issues.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2