x
Beta Member

Where can I see my monthly New vs. Returning customers?

I have a laundry business where a great deal of my business is returning customers. I'd like to know how many new vs. returning customers I have each month. I have looked everywhere on the dashboard. It tells me the number for the last 30 days, it also gives me a graph when I click on customer insights. But nowhere do I see the actual numbers.

This is one of the most important metrics of my business. Please tell me where I can find this info!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there.

While there isn't the exact number displayed, the Customer Insights graph reflects this information. 

You can use this graph to calculate exactly how many new customers you've had on a monthly basis. 

I can see how a quick view of the new customers would be useful for reporting. What would you be using this number for exactly? Our Product Team would be interested in knowing your specific use case.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

While there isn't the exact number displayed, the Customer Insights graph reflects this information. 

**Why is the exact number not displayed? 

You can use this graph to calculate exactly how many new customers you've had on a monthly basis. 

**I'm forced to manually mouse over the graph and write down the numbers individually then manually add them up. The mouse over is tedious. This doesn't make any sense. Why not just display the number?

I can see how a quick view of the new customers would be useful for reporting. What would you be using this number for exactly? Our Product Team would be interested in knowing your specific use case.

** I use the number to calculate my cost to acquire customers (CAC) as well as adjust my advertising spend based on new customers this month. 

Message 3 of 4
Square

Apologies you haven't received a followup here, @featherlaundry. Just wanted to chime in and say thanks again for sharing your feedback with us; we'll pass it along to our team that works on Dashboard and reports.

Message 4 of 4