x

Not receiving email notifications of the last two payments made to my account.

I haven’t received email notifications for my last two customers after they paid.  Usually this is almost instantaneous.  I have checked the email notifications in Square and they are all set to yes.  Square is also not blocked in my email.  Payments do appear to have been processed.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 47
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

A couple things to check first:

1. Make sure online order notifications are turned on in Dashboard under Account & Settings > Email Notifications
  2. Check spam and inbox filters. 
  3. Reach out to your ESP to check if our emails are routing properly. 

I hope this helps! @Greenmonkey65

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Possibly because of the holiday weekend

Message 2 of 47

That might be the case, but the payments were processed.  Just no automated email received from square.

Message 3 of 47

Me too.

i stop receiving emails notifications last Friday. Contacted customer support but no useful response from them, just the automated troubleshooting answer.

It’s annoying have to check on my point of sale after each transaction.

hopefully they will fix it anytime soon.

Message 4 of 47

Hello @Douglasair, @MCLS, and @WonderWoman420

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing troubles with receiving emails. We were experiencing some issues with delivering emails to some hosts. Our Support Team can take a look to see if your account was effected. 

I recommend reaching out to them if you still haven't received email notifications. 

Message 5 of 47

I haven't received notices of payment or deposit since last Tuesday (1/9/18).  I went in today and made sure all the @squareup email are in my safe senders.  I also logged into Square and requested receipts be sent to me, and I've not gotten any of them.  I emailed customer support, so hopefully they get this fixed soon.

Message 6 of 47
Admin

Thanks for checking your email notifications are set up correctly @lbeckwith! It sounds like you're experiencing the issue that Chad mentioned. I see you've already emailed our Support team about this and they'll follow up with you soon. Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 47

I still am not recieving email notifications of my transactions and deposits....what gives?

Message 8 of 47
Alumni

Hey @jtuckerlcsw - I recommend getting in touch with our CS team so that they can take a look at your account to make sure everything is okay on our end.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 9 of 47

I am not either receiving email notifications now and am getting the same generic answer from customer service.   I have checked my spam/junk box and nothing.  

I have also checked with my email server (outlook) and no issues.   Yet Square insists there isn’t a problem on their end.  After reading this forum I am 100% convinced this is a Square programming issue. 

Also, I have copied other personnel when “creating invoices” and they aren’t receiving email notifications either.  

I am beyond frustrated that Square has put this off as “not their problem”

Message 10 of 47

I am also having an issue. The last email regarding a received payment was on 4/16/2020. I have changed nothing. I have looked at my on hold messages/spam and they're not there either.

Message 11 of 47
Square Community Moderator

Hi everyone - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are glad you flagged this over to us.

We are currently experiencing issues regarding Email Notifications for Customers and Sellers, alike. Our Engineers are aware and actively working toward a fix. We recommend keeping an eye on ISSQUAREUP.com for the most up to date information! @MountainFresh @dsherlock

Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 47

I'm not receiving notifications from Square since last week.   When I called customer service, the agent insisted that the problem must be with my email provider (which in this instance is GSuite, as I was forced to open an account there, when I discovered Weebly doesn't support email...after I had transferred my domain, supposedely to make things easier.)  Thankfully, Weebly customer service was quite helpful.

With the Square agent on the phone it was a bit of a different story.  When I insisted that I was receiving other emails without any problem & therefore his answer was unsatisfactory to me, the agent felt mansplaining the same information to me several times was the correct response.

What do I do now?

Message 13 of 47

I have not received email notification since 4/19/2020.

I have called support and they told me that have elevated my case to the next level of support.

Yesterday I start receiving again email notification on the first two transactions as it used to be but by the end of the day I after few more transactions I did not received any other notification.

I'm not receiving transaction notification, nor end of the day summary notification.

Message 14 of 47

I am having the same difficulty that started last Friday 1/12/18. My web service said it appears to have something to do with the address that they are using to send from.  Still waiting to hear from Square support 1/18/18.

Message 15 of 47

I stopped receiving any kind of emails, notifications from Square since 01/10/2018. I contacted the customer support, I was directed to my email provider. That is the best Square can do for me, three days ago. Thank you all.

Message 16 of 47

Same issue. I have not received any transactional emails since friday 1/12. i had three transactions today and i didnt get emails for the transactions or the deposit. I have checked my settings in dashboard and they are set correctly.

Message 17 of 47
Alumni

@STS2 @kathyb1 @Taoinc - Sorry you're having this issue. You should contact Support to have it resolved since it looks like you have all the correct settings in place already. They'll be able to sort you out. 

Message 18 of 47

Everything went back to normal yesterday.

got response from support center and looks like they were having problems to send emails to some providers. Finally already fixed.

Message 19 of 47

Issue was resolved.  Thank you.

Message 20 of 47

Same here for me.  One yesterday and one about 10 days ago.

Message 21 of 47