x

How do I accept international cards manually with out a usa zip code.

How do I accept international cards manually with out a usa zip code?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

I'm having similar problem getting card to accept charge to family in Kent England.  I have tried entering the suggested zeros which doesn't work.  Have also tried BR4 which is code for their area.  Any ideas what to try next?  Thanks.

Message 2 of 6

I am surprised zeros does not work are they putting in exactly 00000 5 zeros? That I know is important.

Message 3 of 6

I recently charged a UK card (alpha-numeric postal code) by manually entering the credit card number, expiry, and cvv and then (on my android device) tapped the keyboard button to the left of the "charge" button which allowed me to enter letters as well as numbers.

Message 4 of 6
Square

@craignair @Feedback2016 You are both correct, to manually process credit cards from other countries, you can either enter the customers postal code by using both numbers and letters to accurately enter that information. If you are having trouble processing the cards using the accurate postal code, you can try entering 00000 in place of their zip code. 

If neither of those are working, I recommend having your customer double check all of their other information as the expiration date and CVV need to be entered correctly to accept that card using Square. 

As a side note, though you can manually process international credit cards, you need to be physically located within the the country that you created your account in, either the U.S. or Canada, to process cards. 

Message 5 of 6

Having trouble getting a Canadian zip to accept payment

Message 6 of 6