x

Feature Request: Daily Item Counts

I'd love to see this in Square for Restaurants!

A common feature I've seen on other restaurant POS systems that I've found extremely useful is having counts that can be set to automatically reset at the end of the day. This is great for items that you make a set par of every day, as it saves time entering pars at the start of the day/service.

Also, the ability to edit an item count on the fly from the POS would be excellent!

Message 1 of 6
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Daily Item Counts

Hello @hfulghum319

I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the feature request board. I'd be happy to share this request with the Square for Restaurants Team. 

So the team has a better idea of how this would help you would you be willing to share some use cases or how you would like the feature to work? 

Could you elaborate on "set par"? I'm guessing it's two items in your inventory to create a specific dish and you're looking for it to update "set par" levels based on the inventory of the individual items. 

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @hfulghum319

I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the feature request board. I'd be happy to share this request with the Square for Restaurants Team. 

So the team has a better idea of how this would help you would you be willing to share some use cases or how you would like the feature to work? 

Could you elaborate on "set par"? I'm guessing it's two items in your inventory to create a specific dish and you're looking for it to update "set par" levels based on the inventory of the individual items. 

Message 2 of 6

Chad,

Apologies for the long time replying!

The primary example I'm thinking of is this: we have sandwiches that we premake every day. It is always the same amount. On Breadcrumb, in the item settings, there's an option to have it reset the inventory count to a predetermined number for the item at the beginning of each new business day, obviating the need for someone to manually go in and reset the count each day.

You do bring up a good second point, though, with your question. It would be super useful if the POS had the ability to dynamically update pars for menu items that utilize other inventory items - such as in the case of add-ons or sides. I'd have to say that I don't think I've seen this option in any other POS, and it would be a great thing to have!

Message 3 of 6

I don't mean to hijack this thread but have a "similar" suggestion (question) about item counts.

We are doing a shave ice business and one of the statistics we'd like to see if how many "units" are ordered in a particular day. Is that a standard reporting item. We also have "peripheral" items (t-shirts, hats, decals, etc) so might like to see how many of these get sold each day.

I guess I'm asking for a "simple count" of items sold during a day. 

thanks

Jeff

Message 4 of 6

Hey @JeffsIce, I think you're looking for the Item Sales Report on the Square Dashboard.  🙂

Message 5 of 6

Thanks @hfulghum319! That's definitely helpful. I'll make sure to share this thread with our Inventory & Restaurant Teams. 🙂

Message 6 of 6