x

Inventory Reports for changes? such as variance on recounts?

I cant find a report showing variance when doing a recount.  I need to know that a recound had +10 of one item and -10 of another to find a mixup, or that an item was -6 during recount and that way likely theft. 

I can't find a report or anywhere with this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hello @dandenson, thanks for surfacing this.

Currently, the ability to track recounts or variance is not available with Basic Inventory Management. I'll be sure to surface your business needs with our Point of Sale team and point out how this request would help you keep track of inventory shrinkage.

In the meantime, you might be interested in our Inventory Plus option or one of our partners (App Marketplace > Items & Inventory) for advanced reporting.

If any other sellers have any pro-tips or strategies that have worked well, feel free to chime in!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

I also need an inventory recount variance report. We need a report like this so that I can submit that variance for taxes. Can square create an inventory recount variance report?

Message 3 of 4

Hello @Sowsear, currently we do not have a report that includes re-count variances in either of our Inventory Management options. I'll make sure to share your freed back with our Inventory Team.

In the mean time, I recommend checking out one of our partners on the App Marketplace that @Tom mentioned. 

Message 4 of 4