x

Please add support for 1" x 1 1/2" label size for Dymo printer

The currently supported Dymo label options are way too big. Would like to see the very-common-in-retail 1" x 1 1/2" label size supported on Dymo printer. Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Thanks you for letting us know @pbreit, I'm sorry for the frustration. I will share this request with the Hardware team. If we can support that specific label size in future we'll update this thread!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

1" x 1" are very common as well, and much more practical (along with 1" x 1.5") than the very specific, long and narrow label sizes currently supported. We'd love support for either of these as well. 

Message 3 of 7

Any Reply regarding this? I purchased the 1" x 1.5" (SKU 30347) for my Dymo LabelWriter 450 and it does not have that size in the DLS 8.7. It shows this size in Microsoft Word and Excel, and allows me to print, but the DLS does not? 

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hi @SJH and @Alvindaley, thank you for checking in. We don't have any official updates on this request, but I did notice that another seller offered a workaround in another thread. Have a look at "Smaller barcode labels" and let us know if that helps.

In addition, I'll be surfacing your experience with our Retail Team. Please keep in touch for updates.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hey Tom,

Thanks so much for circling back on this. Unfortunately, this doesn't help our process. We've been making our own labels with barcodes outside of Square for the past 4 years (both Dymo and Brother printers). The problem is the large amount of unnecessary steps this adds to a workflow. It becomes unneccessarily conveluted when receiving large orders. The Purchase order page obscures retail cost, the full item name and the SKU, which means we are jumping back in forth within Square just to make labels that then have to exist and be organized outside of the system. Receiving orders and getting items onto the floor should be a fast process, but for us it takes hours, and leaves so many variables open for error. This coupled with the printing options not even being available on the individual item pages makes me question if the designers creating these interractions are actually using these tools in real world practice. Coming from a design centric company like Square, it's just beyond confusing how some of these things are being rolled out.

I'm sorry to hit you with all of this, as I know it's not your issue, but it's just a frustrating experience to pay extra for the retail add-on that misses the pain points of retail so widely. Again thank you so much for keeping us in the loop.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @SJH,

Thank you for taking the time to have a look and for providing these details. I don't have an immediate solution for the issues you've mentioned, but am surfacing your post with our Retail Team. In addition, I'll be sure to point out the areas you mentioned where we can make improvements to Purchase Orders as well as streamline the label printing process. We definitely want to do all we can to prevent any chance for error and the need to have to do anything more than once—I apologize for the frustration there.

Appreciate your continued patience on this. We will come back to this thread as any other options come to light.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 7