x

How to edit/delete an imported personal event from synced calendar

Someone invited/placed an event on my google calendar and marked the time as busy. It was imported to my square appointment calendar and though i declined the event invite from google it still remains on my apointment book. I have tried refreshing the synced calendars and event editing the event with no success. I emailed customer service and they simply responded to call in, problem, I work the same hours they do with no time to sit on hold to resolve. I just need to delete this event but my calendar won't give me that option and its not saving when i edit it to "no busy". It is no longer on my google calendar but when i refresh the sync it doesnt remove from appointments. It is blocking time that my clients could be scheduling. PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

You’re only able to edit or delete events from the calendar where you originally created the event. This means that while calendar events can be imported into your Square Appointments calendar from Google Calendar, they can only be edited within Google Calendar if that is where they were created.

Message 2 of 16

Thank you, I declined the event so it is no longer on my google calendar. I also refreshed the sync with my appointments calendar but it still remains??? Any other ideas???

Message 3 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Have you tried removing or deleting the calendar event from your Google Calendar all together? 

Message 4 of 16

I'm having the same issue. The imported events persist on the Square calendar even if they've been removed from the calendar they're imported from.

Message 5 of 16
Admin

Hi @ITTutoring — sorry to hear it.😕  If you're still encountering this issue, I'd suggest giving these troubleshooting tips a run-through. Hope that helps, and let us know how it's been going!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 16

I'm having this issue, after migrating from Bookfresh to Square. I deleted (un-synced) Bookfresh from my Google Calendar - and the Bookfresh appoimments no longer appear in Google, but still appear on Square, and marked as (Bookfresh) and blocking appointment times. How can we resolve this?

Message 7 of 16
Admin

Sorry to hear about this issue @tlkenney and for this late reply!

If you're not able to cancel the Bookfresh appointments that appear on your your Square calendar please call our Support team directly so they can take a closer look. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 16

Hi Helen,

I figured it out on my own, thank you.

So, now I see my scheduled client appointments from Square only, and the Bookfresh ones are all gone and not interfering with scheduling on my Google calendar. However, now I don't see any of my personal appointments that I scheduled in Square. They are equally important, for example, if someone calls instead of booking online, I can just look at my Google calendar and know when I'm available. I see them on my Square calendar, but not on Google.

Tamara

Message 9 of 16
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @tlkenney!

Google Calendar will only show appointments scheduled on Square and not personal events. If you create a personal event in your Appointments Calendar it won't appear in your Google Calendar.

One workaround is to schedule your personal events as appointments under a dummy customer. That way the "appointment" (for your personal event) will appear on Google Calendar.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 16

Is there an app for the Square Calendar? That way I can see all my appointments, because my Google calendar events sync with my Square Calendar

Message 11 of 16

@tlkenney, we have a Square Appointments app for iOS devices currently! The Android version of this app is in the works. 

Message 12 of 16

Good to know! I have an Android so that'll be great when it comes out!

Message 13 of 16

I want to change the personal events on my square appointments, but it tells me it can’t edit from this device! No mater what device I use!  

Message 14 of 16
Alumni

@jess73 - were these event's imported from your Google Calendar? Usually you'll get that error message if they were. In that case, you'll need to edit event directly from your Google Calendar.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 16

Thank you JustinC! I didn’t think of that! I will look into that! And it makes total sense!

Message 16 of 16