x

Timecards: New formatting issue

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Timecards Issue 

What the hell is up with timecards?!?!?!? Why did they charge the format!!!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi @brickhouse - Do you mind providing more details about the issue you're having with Timecards so we can better assist?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 7

@puka @brickhouse  I'm in my "timecards" area and the "create timecard" button is no longer there -- The button used to be located in the upper right hand corner of the page but it has been removed so I have no way of adding timecards for my employee

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hi @dm3! That button has been renamed Add Shift and you should see it from the Timecards section of your online Square Dashboard. It should be visible in the upper right if you navigate to either Workday or Labor Cost, and it looks like this:

Click Add Shift to create a timecardClick Add Shift to create a timecard

If you don't see this button, I suggest switching to a different browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari, and clearing your browsing history.

There's more information about the recent updates to Square Timecards in this product update post: Introducting Multiple Wages and Updated Timecard Reporting.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 7

You can no longer get timecards by a period. The easiest way to check payroll was to highlight the two weeks, and then use the employee drop down and check for issues per employee. Now I go day by day and it is much more confusing.

When I do see issues, how can I fix those issues?

Also, it was a lot easier to read before.  I don't need to see the bar graphs.  I have to page across to understand what is going on, instead of the way it was.

It was cleaner and easier before the changes.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TCGJohn

I checked in with our Employees team and they let me know  that is the intended behavior.

Workday is decided to day to day employee activity monitoring, while labor cost is for payroll prep. 

There might be some things we can help with if you give our CS Team a call directly. 

Message 7 of 7