x

How can I use a chip reader or a Square card reader with a pc?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Using chip reader with a pc

How can I use a chip reader or a square card reader with a pc?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Partner

Square currently does not have devices that support desktop or laptop computers- yet of course! Hopeful that we may have some soon!

Message 2 of 5

Is there any way from a PC to ping a URL to have such functionality?  i.e. 

If I have ABC-software running on a computer, can I have a Square Terminal, once a payment is processed, send an email to a predetermined email account for all customers and have the ABC-software monitor the email?  (I know this is a horrid hack but just spitballing).  Or, better yet, is there a specific URL that the ABC-software on the PC could monitor for updates based on successful payments from the Square Terminal?

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hello! Quick update to the original question posted by @HarryHunter: you can now use a magstripe reader to accept in-person payments from your computer. Keep in mind, at this featre is only available if you have a Chromebook or an Apple computer, and you must use Chrome or Safari as your browser. As soon as support for more computers is added we'll announce it! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5