x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments

Hi! I am writing to add myself to the list of requests for a class scheduler feature on Square Appointments in the hopes that more requests prioritize this feature. I absolutely love the Square system having used it with two other businesses. I appreciate in particular the back end programming with attention to detail as well as your integration with start-up style website apps. 

If I can tell you anything about my business that would be helpful in your design, or if you are ever looking for beta testers, please let me know.

When you do roll this feature out, you must include an 'import client' capability to facilitate the thousands of small fitness studios that will come rolling in. 

Warmly,

The Reset

Our dance studio could really use this feature. Having previously used MindBody I can tell you it's painful to admin and I suspect Square would do a bang up job on a group class scheduler. I am also a previous product manager and I think you guys are missing a major market by not including features for all of the fitness instructors who are already using you as a point of sale solution. People are willing to pay for good tools and there is a serious lack of them out there for group class instructors.

Same request here - We need to be able to have multiple clients book a time seesion for group services. Square get this implemented please!

Admin

Thanks for your post @pert_halcyon! I'll add your vote to a group class feature for Appointments. I don't have an update at this time but if anything changes in future we'll let everyone in this thread know! 

Square staff like @Devon and @Helen keeping giving the same standard replies

"We'll add your vote" and "We are still tracking this feature requests" but can't be transparent and even disclose if this is actually in the works. 

As I've stated, this is by far the most requested feature for Appointments with Square.

Another solution would be to add Appointments to the Square API so developers (myself included) could make this feature for everyone. I'd be happy to program it for free if Square adds Appointments to their API.

Dave

Add our company to the list.  We have also been asking for this for a long, long time.  People have been asking for this for more than a year!  Could you please give us a timeline as to when this will be added?

We are about to switch to a different service that I believe to be inferior, but offers this "classes" functionality.  This is a must-have for a lot of types of businesses that you are missing.

I currently use Square for purchases (furniture, home decor items) in our shop and at vintage markets.  We are going to start having workshops and would like to continue to use Square for all our needs. Workshops will be scheduled on a particular date at 6:30.  Can we allow more than one appointment at this same time and can we put a limit on the number of appointments at this time?  Also, is there a spot for the customer to leave a note when they set appointment or make an appointment.

My understanding is that Timetap allows for the registration for a specific number of spots at a specific time that has been set up for the workshop.  The customer can then click over to PayPal to make their payment and there is a comment box on their page allowing the customer to give our shop some specific information needed for the workshop.

I hope I have made this clear.  Thank you.

Square Community Moderator

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “appointments”. The original author has been notified via email.

Hi @TheRDC

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as it sounds like you're looking to use Square appointments for a group booking/classes solution. 

This is one of the most popular feature requests that we receive for Square Appointments. 

It's not something that's available at the moment, but check out the information in this thread, which includes both some information from our Appointments Product Manager and workarounds from your fellow Sellers. 

It makes no sense that the devs are STILL researching, gathering user feedback and discussing adding this feature. You know we want it - approve it and GET WORKING ON IT!

(pretty please)

I’m sure most of us would have no problem PAYING FOR IT as an add-on or a “Pro” or “Classroom” version of the App or something. Organizing the schedules of several hundred students, a couple dozen teachers, 70+ classes in 4 different studio locations (not to mention the collection of monthly/quarterly/annual and summer session tuition) takes up A LOT of our highest paid employees’ (our managers, natch) time. If I could cut down on some of that busywork for a (relatively) small fee, I’d do it in a heartbeat!

How can i allow 12 people to book a class. It seems once 1 person does then it shows it is full