x

Does Square not recognize Meta Bank routing numbers?

Does Square not recognize Meta Bank routing numbers?
Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the frustration.

At this time, prepaid cards can't be linked to Square for deposits. If you're getting a message that says your routing number isn't supported, you might be trying to link a bank account that isn't compatible. In this case, you might want to try linking a different bank account if you're able — or reach out to our Support Team. We'll be happy to have a closer look.

Thank you for your patience as we're continuing to work on offering more deposit options for our customers.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

I am recieving an error message that says does not support this routing number is this the same thing you are getting? I see noone else has replied to your question so hopefully we can both get an answer from someone and find out what to do about it

Message 2 of 30

I called Metabank they said it should be accepted

Message 3 of 30

I'm having the same issue have you figured it out?

Message 4 of 30

I'm having the same problem.It keeps saying un supported routing number

Message 5 of 30

No I have not figured it out I don't know if it's because it's a prepaid card or not. That's the only this I can figure out is going on. Please let me know if you figure something out as I will let you know if I'm able to fugue it out. Thank you

Message 6 of 30
Admin

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the frustration.

At this time, prepaid cards can't be linked to Square for deposits. If you're getting a message that says your routing number isn't supported, you might be trying to link a bank account that isn't compatible. In this case, you might want to try linking a different bank account if you're able — or reach out to our Support Team. We'll be happy to have a closer look.

Thank you for your patience as we're continuing to work on offering more deposit options for our customers.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 7 of 30

So how are we supposed to receive/get our money? From paid invoices? Because Meta Bank is FDIC approved just like any other bank. Not understanding y it would not be supported. Not everyone has a account with another "supporting/compatible" bank. So, how do we get our funds? 

Message 8 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Sherriw88

You can link a compatible bank account, or you can give us a call and we can get started on a physical check request that we can mail out to you. 

Reach out to our Support Team directly for more details around this. 

Message 9 of 30

Can You Link Your Square Account With Meta Bank as your banking ?

Message 10 of 30
Admin

Hey @Survivalmind, welcome to the seller community and thanks for posting. A few other sellers asked about this in another post, and received an answer.

Have a look at my reply in "Does Square not recognize Meta Bank routing numbers?" and let us know if you have any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 11 of 30
Beta Member

Those other posts were in January though, has this been updated yet? I don't have any other bank or credit card that I can link...and the penny deposit and withdrawal went through my account already...

Message 12 of 30
Beta Member

Yes, you just don't have the option of direct deposit so it's next business day .No biggie. But it'll work, just get your account number and routing. The type of card may be an issue, but Meta bank itself will work albeit a minor limitation of no direct deposit as stated above. 

Message 13 of 30

Hello @Spamjela

As long as you aren't using a prepaid debit card you should be fine! If you run into any issues please feel free to reply back. I would be happy to help out. 😀

Message 14 of 30

This is crap, some of us dont have actual bank accounts and so we use prepaid debit cards, I mean serioulsy how the hell am I to accept payments if your site for whatever stupid reason will not accept it. You all need to correct this and soon and believe me I will go to facebook and let it be known how you all as a business will not work with other consumers, I expect a serious answer  to this as soon as possible

Message 15 of 30
Admin

Hi @hargrove67, thank you for reaching out to our seller community. I'm very sorry for the frustration—our goal is to empower all of our sellers to have quick access to their funds.

Regarding this specific request, we're still only able to link up with a transactional bank account for sending deposits at this time. I wish I could clarify a specific timeline, though there isn't anything else that I can share out right now. Please do keep in touch as we are continuing to look into solutions for our customers. We'll update this article and circle back to this thread as soon as any other developments come through: Link and Edit Your Bank Account.

Thank you for your patience as we work on this. 

️ Tom | he/him
Message 16 of 30

I am trying to link my Meta Bank card to my square account. Is this card accepted and if so how do I get it to accept???

Message 17 of 30
Beta Member

I got the routing number for mine and connected it like a bank account... It wouldn't accept my card for direct deposit but it accepted the routing number for regular deposit. Hope that helps! 

Message 18 of 30

So why will Square not recognize the NetSpend/Meta Bank Small Business accounts?  I Think it is time square realize the prepaid accounts are becoming more and more popular.

Message 19 of 30

I second that! There's a lot of people that are using them these days. Myself being one of those people.

Message 20 of 30
Alumni

Hi there @themaineventft & @dlhouston1 - sorry for the confusion on this.

In order to process credit card transactions and accept deposits, you also need to be able to cover refunds and chargebacks. In order to be able to cover these funds, we require a transactional bank account that allows for deposits and withdrawals. Since prepaid cards and online-only accounts are unable to support this function, we won't be able to support them.

Message 21 of 30