x

Square inventory not syncing with WooCommerce

Having an absolube nightmare with trying to upload my inventory from Square to WooCommerce. It has previsouly added products which we will have to delete as it has double up on some but the issue that I've got at the moment is that I have added stock levels into Square and then tried to force a manual upload within Wordpress but stock levels are not being uploaded. 😞 

Please please please help! 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 70
1 Best Answer
Partner

Best Answer

I would recommend open a proper ticket for this plugin by going to https://woocommerce.com/my-account/create-a-ticket/

@n40beef wrote:

Only some products want to sync and there is no rhyme or reason

This isn't normal and indicates either there is a problem with the original sync or some other issue on your site. Normally the plugin will sync all products that have a SKU.

@n40beef wrote:

A lot of valuable information is also missing from each product and there are major limitations in general.

I'm not sure which platform you are referring to but WooCommerce captures a number of data fields that do not exist in Square, so there would be no way to transfer that information to Square.

As I mentioned above, I would suggest opening a ticket with us for the plugin regarding the product syncing issue so that we can have a look. This is assuming that you are using the official WooCommerce Square plugin. If you are using a plugin from a third-party developer you would need to contact that developer directly.

View Best Answer >

Message 64 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Do you have SKU's for each of your products?    In the docs for WooCommerce Square it reads:

Do I need to set SKUs for all products?

Yes, you must set SKUs for syncing to work properly. The SKU is a unique value in both WooCommerce and Square, so it is used to ‘match’ items between the two platforms.

Once i did this, syncing worked fine.

Message 43 of 70

Yes we have skus.
We have tried just about everything and have now purchased two plugins to see if another one would work.
Some items are taken off and some not and we cannot find a common ground on why.
I have my website developer working with program developers and we still haven’t found a solution.

Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate any suggestion.

Message 44 of 70
Alumni

I'm tagging @Woo_Phil here in case he can help out 🙂

Message 45 of 70
Beta Member

It’s been very busy in here since the last time I looked! So my situation, the square to woocommerce sync is completely useless. It won’t work with Inc VAT prices.  So if I force from woocommerce to Square, it will change all of my pricing to ExVAT pricing but It thinks it is including VAT.  I have then manually gone through all of the pricing on Square to change it back to the original price. As soon as a product is either bought through Square or on the website inventory would kick in and change the pricing back to the ex VAT price.  Example, if I have a product at £9.99 on the website, it will push this product onto Square at £8.32. I manually change this product within Square back to £9.99 but as soon as this product has been bought, it will change it back to £8.32 within square meaning every time We load up Square, all my pricing is incorrect. It is ridiculous that there hasn’t been a fix for this. I wouldn’t even expect this with a free woocommerce addon.

Message 46 of 70
Partner

@nansboutique I wouldn't be able to help with any third-party Square plugins. However if you are using our official WooCommerce Square plugin, our team can help. We'll need to look at your site and run some tests though, so please open a ticket by going to https://woocommerce.com/my-account/tickets/ and then select the WooCommerce Square plugin.

Message 47 of 70

We are using WooSquare Pro.  Is that an official plugin?  We are still having some inventory issues with in store quantities changing after being sold in store and coming back as (-1) so we cannot keep inventory count.  Also items updated lose their sales tax and we must physically turn on.   

Message 48 of 70

Hello @nansboutique. WooSquare Pro isn't an official integration, so we wouldn't be able to help with it here. Currently our official integration can be found here.

Message 49 of 70

This comment was created by merging the thread, "Woocommerce Square Inventory Syncing Only One Way"

So I've managed to sync an existing Woocommerce online store with an existing Square brick-and-mortar store. I did a manual sync from Woocommerce to Square, all Woocommerce products have one corresponding Square item, and I've adjusted inventory counts to match across platforms. When a Square item sells over the counter, the inventory count is adjusted in Woocommerce (which is great). But when a Woocommerce product is sold online, its corresponding Square item's inventory count is left untouched. In Woocommerce > Settings > Integration, I have "Sync Inventory" turned on. This says "Inventory will sync on manual update or after a Product is ordered." So after a product is ordered I should see that product's corresponding Square item's inventory count go down as well. But it's not. I should also be able to force inventory to update with a manual update from Woo to Square. But inventory in Square stubbornly remains the same, even if I manually update the number in Woo, even if I manually sync from Woo to Square. Any idea why Woo inventory changes don't affect Square inventory?

Message 50 of 70

Hello @kcbenson

I went ahead and merged your thread since this issue has popped up before. I recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps @Woo_Phil has provided to other Square sellers. If you're still having trouble I recommend reaching out to WooCommerce Support since they build and support this integration. 

Message 51 of 70

Yeah, I've already been through this thread. There are a lot of ideas here I can't try (like changing themes, or deleting all my products and doing a manual sync from Square to WC). I don't see any solutions that worked for anyone, though.

What I'd like to hear is either

1) Yes, that's just a limitation of the software. Even though it looks like you should be able to sync inventory from Woocommerce to Square, you can't. Maybe in a future release.

or

2) No, it works for me. My Woocommerce sales actually do affect my Square inventory. You're doing something wrong.

Then I would know to either give up or keep trying.

Message 52 of 70
Square Community Moderator

@kcbenson Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with some insight around what has worked for them. 

Feel free to contact WooCommerce directly as well, as the Community team and @Woo_Phil can only help so much within the Seller Community. 

Message 53 of 70
Partner

-removed-

Message 54 of 70
Partner

It sounds like the cronjob that sends updates from WooCommerce to Square is not properly running.

I would recommend installing https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-crontrol/

Once that is installed, check to see if you have a large number our past due cron jobs under the Tools > Cron Events tab.

If you see a lot of cron's with a Next Run date that is in the past, it means your server is not properly running the WordPress cron jobs that WooCommerce relies on.

At that point you may want to speak with your hosting company as they can likely assist you with that. You can also read a bit more about this here:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-product-search/faq/#section-3

Message 55 of 70

So...It's been over 2 years now and this still hasn't been remedied. Paypal can see each item. What is the issue with square? I love square but I'm trying to open a brick and mortar and will need to know what sold online to keep detailed tracking of inventory and variations to keep track of what sells the most. Will this ever be fixed?

Message 56 of 70
Admin

@TheFuzzyP

Can you specifically explain what you are looking for as far as this goes?  The integration with WooCommerce is managed by Woo, but does control Inventory. 

Just want to understand fully what hasn't been updated and what you would like to be updated as we've had vast improvements in integration with Woo and Inventory since this thread started. Making sure we know what you wanting to do will help me better request the Feature or look into workaround options. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 57 of 70

When I make a sale, there is no itemized summation of what was sold. I just states order #12345. Paypal itemizes/reiterates each item sold, tax, shipping etc. Square does not. Also, some variation functions are left out. Can variation issues be remedied by using barcodes? 

Message 58 of 70
Admin

@TheFuzzyP

Ah yes. WooCommerce does build and manage the way this integrates with your Square account. 

Let's see if @Woo_Phil can weigh in on itemization from the API.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 59 of 70

Thank you. Is there a tutorial for syncing woocommerce correctly with square? I have been trying to configure the variations so that they are seamless between each platform but have run into so many issues so Ive been manually editing stock between festivals/markets and online sales. Can't do that once I open the shop. Any resolution for this would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 60 of 70
Admin

Have you checked out our WooCommerce support page from our Support Center? Maybe this information would be helpful?

Are you using different Locations to manage your account? Maybe that is something you could look into to see if that can fit how you are set up. Locations are free - and you can manage your inventory over the different locations.  

Let's find out if Woo has a solution for you if you've opened a ticket with them at this point. 

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 61 of 70

This has been one of the most confusing and unreliable integrations. I am having the same issues that people were having back in 2017. Only some products want to sync and there is no rhyme or reason. A lot of valuable information is also missing from each product and there are major limitations in general. I'm about to attempt some new ideas by implementing locations. We'll see how that works out. If it works, Square and Woo need to update the documentation to include these helpful hints. I have wasted so much time on this project and I'm about ready to drop the integration and look for another solution. 

@Woo_Phil 

Message 62 of 70
Square Community Moderator

Hi there! I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your connection between WooCommerce and Square. I hear you - inventory syncing is incredibly important for making sure your customers are happy and you have peace of mind that products are selling within their stock. 

@Woo_Phil is our local WooCommerce expert, but if you are looking for faster support, I strongly recommend reaching out to WooCommerce on their community support page

Thanks for your time and let me know if you have any other questions. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 63 of 70