x

Changing online item to a new sale price?

I'd like to be able to post new sale prices to items on website - like have the original price crossed out showing the new price is a sale price.  Can anyone help me with that? is it even an option to do? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @prideandjoy

Thanks for posting 👍🏼

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to display the normal price along side the discount price at this time, but a few sellers have accomplished this by adding the normal sale price and new price to the item image itself (e.g. the item image shows the old price crossed out). 

Hopefully another Online Store seller can chime in with their own workaround for this. 

Message 2 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Along with the image change, I put SAVE $5.00 was $19.99 at the beginning of the description.

Message 3 of 9

ugh, this seems so basic 😕 It would make my life a lot easier!

Would love an update when this feature is added.

Message 4 of 9

I have several items that are listed in our online square store as being on sale....love it!  However there isn't a way to list that item in our square point of sale easily.  It looks like I need to go into each item listed in POS and change the original price to the sale price and then when the sale is over go back in and set up the original price again.  

If only the POS would match up automatically with the online store.  Maybe add a toggle that you can select which items are to include the sale price?

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @2painters

Welcome back to the Community! 

Whenever you make the changes - did you start in the Online Store or the Point of Sale Item Library. 

If you have the Item Library sync set up with your Online Store it will automatically update whenever you make changes in the Dashboard first. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

That's not really the issue.  When an item is set up on the website and you have the option of entering the "original price" and then the sale price (which is nice so people will see the amount of reduction,  the POS dashboard only reads the "original price" it does not track the sale price.  The only way around the problem is to set up a category in both POS and Store and change the product description to state the original price.  A real time waster.

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

I can definitely see why you'd like a sale price feature available in POS. Bubbling your ideas up to the appropriate Team for visibility. 

For now, the workaround you adopted definitely works. Also you might be interested in setting up automatic discounts to certain items in the POS with a schedule that applies the discount for a fixed time frame (think happy hour or holiday sale). That way the item price is reduced when added to checkout. Serves as a set it and forget it feature.

You'll be able to track these discounts by generating an Items Sales Report from Dashboard. @2painters

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 9

That solution might work out for the POS however the online store would be an issue since I want people to be able to purchase even when the studio is closed.  Maybe in the future there will be a better solution.

I'd also like to be able to set up a category ahead of time and populate it with what I want to sell and HIDE it until I'm ready to launch it.... maybe for another time.

Message 9 of 9