x

Square POS and Square Appointments

How do I use Square POS and Appointments together? Can I checkout a customer from Appointments?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @saloneleven361, welcome to the seller community!

Yes, you can check out a customer with Square Appointments, but you'll need to download the Square Appointments app first. For step-by-steps on this, have a look here: Square Appointments iPhone and iPad App

Hope this helps get you where you need to be. Let me know if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9

As the Square agent mentioned, you could check them out with the iOS Appointments app, or through the website on a desktop. But just in case it's useful to others like me who don't use iOS, I thought I'd mention how I handle things.

In general, I don't process payments through Square Appointments. When a customer makes a booking I only require they provide card information to hold the appointment (to be charged in case of no-show). I have the Appointments calendar linked to my Google calendar, so when someone makes a booking I get notified immediately.

When the customer arrives to receive the service and pays, I charge them using the usual Square POS app (which thankfully IS available for Android). If you do this you'd probably want to create items/products for the POS app to represent each of your services.

Even if you do use iOS, processing payment with Square POS instead of Appointments has the added benefit of allowing you to accept gift cards. Very useful in service industries!

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Thank you for sharing your valuable insight with the Community @DaoDeJing!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 9

Currently using Appointments POS, cash totals have not been adding up at the end of the day.  Also cash drawer is not connecting when in Appointments POS.  Drawer will reconnect if unplugged from the power source or I can still get it to open using SQ Register POS. 

Where can I find information on all the new feature updates? The App store description is vague.

I also realized that Appointments POS has hits own Activate Cash Drawer tab, which might have something to do with cash transactions not adding up.    

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hi @UrbanShaveSD, sorry to hear about these issues!

As the Seller Community is public it would be great if you could contact our Support team about any discrepancy in your cash totals. They'll be able to take a look at your transaction history and help you out!

In the meantime, if you're having trouble connecting your cash drawer please run through these trouble shooting steps.

Finally, check out this Appointments app Update Guide for information about new features. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or if you're looking for a specific feature. Happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Usng android devices, how can i check out a customer from the appointments app?  Thank you

Angel

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hello @HairbyAngel1! Currently the Appointments app is only available on iOS devices. I see that you've already requested to be a part of our early acces program for Android devices, thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🙂 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

YEah. I impressed sofar with what I am using.  It can only get better 😃

Message 9 of 9