x

Is a button we can add to our website to get customers to sign up for our email list?

Is a button we can add to our website to get customers to sign up for our email list?

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @christineLsmith! I'm sorry that no ones updated this thread, but we do offer an Embedded Sign-up Form or even a Hosted Sign-up Page. 

We have a great article in our Support Center named Get Started With Email Collection Tools.

You will find our email collection options on the Customers tab of the Square Dashboard. Just click on Settings on the top right corner. 

It will look like the image below. 

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Square

@ambikaherbals  -We don't have a button like that right now but I think that is a great idea! 👍

We would love to hear if you are looking for any other features in that button, or just a simple way for customers to share their contact information without having to make a purchase?

Message 2 of 19

I use mailchimp to manage my website email subscribers, and there are many.  It would be GREAT to have an app that links mailchimp or any other list management service directly to Square Marketing so that we dont have to manual import new emails every day.  Its a pain.  Please integrate with someone fast or create your own sign up links and forms!  

Also, it would be nice to be able to go back into a previously sent campaign and resend it to new email sign ups, not already in Square.  I cant figure out how to do this.  

Message 3 of 19
Square

@TheRogueGrowler - Thanks for the post. As a follow up, have you already checked out the integration we offer between our Customer Directory and MailChimp? It's tucked away under the Import/Export button on the Dashboard

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 19

This should be a MUST HAVE. As we all know how important being in contact is, why woould there not be an opt in?

Message 5 of 19
Square

@hydrabeer - If you add a customer profile to a sale, then they'll be part of your Customer Directory. Any person part of your Customer Directory can be reached through our email marketing campaigns. You can check out more details here

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 19

I get that  but with online marketing and promotions, it is about bringing ingredients in and targeting future customers as well so returning clients. Try getting everyone to fill out forms in a taproom...

Message 7 of 19
Square

@hydrabeer - I just wanted to double check, and I totally hear you. I'll be sure to pass along the feedback. 🍻

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 19

Sean, the lack of a signup link for new prospect clients is crucial and the primary limiting factor keeping me away from square emails. 

I would love to see a signup form integration OR better communication with MailChimp (and then a smaller fee). Right now MC offers more and costs less. 

Message 9 of 19

Best Answer

Hello @christineLsmith! I'm sorry that no ones updated this thread, but we do offer an Embedded Sign-up Form or even a Hosted Sign-up Page. 

We have a great article in our Support Center named Get Started With Email Collection Tools.

You will find our email collection options on the Customers tab of the Square Dashboard. Just click on Settings on the top right corner. 

It will look like the image below. 

Message 10 of 19

Chad! Thank you so much. I've been looking all over for this info!

Now, if you could just upgrade the Appointments app to allow "customer login" so repeat clients can sign in rather than re-signup each time; and permit separate schedules on calendars, that would be awesome! 😉

Message 11 of 19

One more question ... is there a way to do an embedded pop up screen to encourage signups when visitors come to my site?

Message 12 of 19

Hey @christineLsmith, we currently don't have the ability to generate a pop up. Although I will make sure to share that suggestion with our Product Team! 

Message 13 of 19

I pasted the link (bottom option) in a text box on my square store, and it just showed as a long line of HTML code. Am I doing it wrong?

Message 14 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ECC

The embed code is meant to be used on a website with a CRM editing tool. 

In regards to to a pop-up button, there hasn't been any news or updates around this, but I agree it would be a huge help for both sellers and buyers. 

As of right now, the hosted sign-up page and the embedded sign-up form are the only options.  

Message 15 of 19

I have been working through the steps for embedded email collection but I am stuck at step 3 "Copy the HTML code and paste it into your CRM editing tool". I am a newbie at this and have no idea what a CRM editor is or where to find it in order to paste the code.

Message 16 of 19

Ditto what TJ314 is asking. I've searched all over the Help and Seller Community sections and can't find anything that explains how to actually "paste into your CRM editing tool". I'm a somewhat savvy website designer and have no clue what this is talking about.

Message 17 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @farragio

The HTML code can be used to attach the button to a third party website. You may be able to use the Embed code section inside your website editor to be able to paste the code there.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 19

Hi, is there any chance a button like this will be added as an option for customers? Like any web store, it's important to allow customers to sign up for newsletters, sales, etc. through the website. It is very frustrating that this does not seem to exist (after A LOT of searching in your help section). 

Message 19 of 19