x

New Square Register/POS issue

Has anyone else experienced hardware/POS issues with the new Square Register?  We got ours set up, with no problem.  It worked for all of one day.  Today, it is stuck in a continuous loop of set up and sign in.  As soon as you try to sign in, the system shuts down.  CSR had us do a factory reset, to no avail.  Now it's gone to the engineers.  Anyone else had quick resolution to this issue?  Feeling a bit sick to my stomach, after spending this much money, only to have the system fail after less than 24 hours....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

So sorry to hear about this!

I was one of the first people to get theirs, and that original unit had a similar issue a couple of weeks after I got it.

The next day Square warrantied out my Register, sent me a brand new one and I sent back the one I had - ever since then (and I've bought 2 more since) I haven't had any issues.

Sorry that it happened, but it's going to get better! Got a lot better for us!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 5

Honestly....your reply frustrates me further....you'd think that they'd do more trial run tests on the units prior to sending them out, knowing that this same issue existed for other purchasers....

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

My issue was a little different, it was happening during the reboot cycle before I was even given an option to sign in - I think it ended up being an issue with a cable, but who knows.

The moral of the story is that if there's an issue, they're good at replacing them.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey @TheSavvyDog - Really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Square Register.  That definitely doesn't sound right, but it looks like the CS team was able to email you with an update! We'll be reaching out via private message shortly with some more details. 

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 5