x

Can I send a transfer instantly after taking a payment?

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

I discovered instant transfer after a transaction processed. Now, I'd like to make those funds available instantly. I don't think the funds are going to hit until tomorrow, and I really need them today. Can I do this, and if so, how? Thanks.

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Instant transfer is available after you process the transaction.  It isn't something you have to choose while taking a payment.   For information on instant transfer and how to set it up, follow this link.  You have to link a debit card in the app and not all debit cards are supported for instant transfer.

Instant Transfer Support Center Article

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Admin

Hey @Dano — welcome to Square and our Seller Community! 👋🏻

It sounds like you're looking to make an Instant Transfer, correct? A few other sellers brought this up and got an answer from @VanKalkerFarms. Have a look at "Can I send a transfer instantly after the fact?" and let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 22 of 38

My transfer is in pending status ... how do I get it to Instant transfer.  Yes my instant transfer is already set up

Message 23 of 38
Alumni

Hey there @SCMB - I'm sorry to see you had trouble with a transfer. 

I'm not sure why you weren't able to use Instant Transfer - your available balance could have been above the limit or below the required balance. It's hard to say without looking into your account details. 

I hope everything worked out by now, let me know if you still need help. 

Message 24 of 38

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Why is my instant transfer unavailable? It's linked with my bank, I've used it previously.” 

Why is my instant transfer unavailable? It's linked with my bank, I've used it recently.

Message 25 of 38

I'm having the same issue but no one can seem to find and answer for me. I called Square and apparently if you set up your weekly transfer a certain way, Instant Transfer become unavailable. NO WHERE is this information stated on the website! I just want to have my cash available the same day and give my clients options but it looks like this one will be off the table as well. 

Message 26 of 38
Super Seller

Message 27 of 38

There's a weekly transfer schedule where you can choose what time/hour you want your transfer to go through on any given day of the week. If you alter this, your INSTANT TRANSFER become unavailable. At least thats what a Square rep told me. 

Message 28 of 38

I have been using your service for a couple of years ,

i just found out about instant transfer today .

i have already made the transaction the amount is 

over $500.00 . It is over $9000.00 .

can I still rec. 

Message 29 of 38
Alumni

Hey @Tony1959 - Instant Transfers have a maximum transfer size of $10,000 so you will be able to transfer all $9,000 instantly. Please reach out to our Support team directly with any follow up questions you may have and they can take a look at your account for you. Because the Community is a public forum, we won't discuss account or payment specifics here for everyone's privacy.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 30 of 38

Hi I tried to use instant transfer and the transfer went through, but then it was retracted. If it isn't being processed as an instant transfer then I want my extra one percent refunded. How do I do this?

Message 31 of 38
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Gentec

That sounds a bit strange. 

Unfortunately we can’t address your account specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum. 

Reach out to our Support Team and they can take a closer look with you. 

Message 32 of 38

If you can't discuss any details with ANYBODY  what is your purpose? Cause I cannot do the instant transfer either.  The so "called" support team doesn't ever get back to you and especially in a timely manner.  Seems ALL anyone does is pass the problem onto someone else with square.  And what kind of "support"team isn't there on the weekend when people need them MOST.  What a joke

Message 33 of 38
Alumni

Hi @Rayray1o7 - Sorry you weren't able to get in touch with someone on our Support Team. I've escalated your case internally so keep a look out for an email.

We can't discuss account specific information on the Seller Community since we can't verify your identity. As we deal with financial information, we want to make sure everyone is who they say they are. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Message 34 of 38

Same here... This is the THIRD TIME THIS WEEK that my INSTANT TRANSFER was unavailable because it's "under review" but noone can tell me WHY this keeps happening and the next day the transfer has the 1% subtracted as if made the Instant transfer. What a joke. 

Message 35 of 38
Admin

Hey @Jessicarabbit23, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with this. We can't access and share account-specifics in our online forums for privacy purposes, though I've raised your post with the appropriate team members for a closer look. They will reach out directly via email with any other available information as soon as possible.

In the meantime, this may help with more context: Instant Transfer Unavailable Troubleshooting.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 36 of 38

I had my first big sale yesterday and it shows in my transactions but it won’t let me put it in my bank account . Why ? 

Message 37 of 38
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Salonowner22,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, we're not able to look into your account transfers further via this public forum. Reach out to our support team here, and we'd be able to dig in a bit deeper this way. 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

Message 38 of 38