x

Is it possible to edit an active (sent) invoice without it being resent to the client?

Sometimes when doing my billing, I may make a slight error.  I would like to go in and correct the small error without the correction having to be sent to the client as well.  I wish there could be an option that allowed me to choose, (i.e. "resend invoice?") instead of any correction or change in the sent invoice resulting in it being resent automatically.   Maybe I am missing something?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

@tomasguitarra No your not missing anything.  We use to have access - but one of the Product Liaison team members thought otherwise.  They really limit you on any feature that is outside of the cookie cutter box.  Sure wish they would give us the freedom to set up our businesses the way we want them to be.  

Message 2 of 5
Square

@Feedback2016 - While I can't be 100% certain, I really don't believe this was ever a feature. I do know that we offer the ability to edit an invoice before it has been sent, but not afterward. 

@tomasguitarra - Would you mind sharing more details about the use-case? I'm not sure that I completely understand. It seems like it would be important for the customer to have the same copy of the invoice that you have on file. Thanks! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 5

One aspect of my work as a musician is teaching.  I am dealing with about 15 students.  I bill monthly based on 4-lesson cycles.  I include in the message session of each invoice the dates of the four previous lessons as well as the dates of the lesson cycle being billed in the current invoice.  Sometimes I make a mistake on these dates and I would like to go back and make the correction - since it is a record of exactly what the client is paying for.  However, such a correction really is for my internal use and not necessarily relevant for the client (unless they are very nitpicking - which not of them are).

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey, @tomasguitarra — copy that. Thank you for taking the time to point this out. I'll be sure to surface your experience with this to our Product Liaison team. I would like to thank you for your patience as we're always working to make improvements based on seller feedback. Please keep in touch!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5