x

How can I update my email, phone number or bank account?

I need to update my account information such as my email and phone number and bank account .

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You can update this information through your online Square Dashboard. Log in, click "Account & Settings," and then follow the instructions onscreen to make your desired changes. Hope that helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Alumni

Best Answer

You can update this information through your online Square Dashboard. Log in, click "Account & Settings," and then follow the instructions onscreen to make your desired changes. Hope that helps! 

Message 2 of 18

i did as you sugested but there is no up date for phone number what do i do . i have to charge acredit card and its beens declined 3 times

Message 3 of 18
Square

@bobjaceautobody - Sorry to hear about the problem with your charge! The phone number on file wouldn't affect card acceptance. Read more on why a payment may fail. As for updating the phone number, you can visit the Locations tab of the Business Settings section of the Square Dashboard. Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 18

THIS UPDATE SETS DOES NOT WORK, BECAUSE THE OLD EMAIL TO VERIFY DOES NOT EXIST. ALSO. I CANNOT CALL SO I HAVE TO WAIT 48 HRS TO GET HELP. THIS IS A STUPID SYSTEM THAT WAS NOT THOUGHT OUT. SO SIMPLY TO CORRECT.

Message 5 of 18

I have a team member who cannot log in to Square. He changed his phone number, and the 2-factor authentication goes to that number. How do we change that without him being able to log in?

Message 6 of 18

I went to my dashboard, and nowhere dose it say "Account & Settings".

Message 7 of 18
Square Community Moderator

If you're signing in via a browser on your computer, you'll be able to see Account & Settings via the three horizontal lines in the top right hand corner, @CarolThiesen

Please let us know how you go!

Message 8 of 18

There’s no update to click on. 

Message 9 of 18

Hey @Doxykeeper,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble updating your information! On which device are you signing in? Here's a direct link to the section in your dashboard you'll want to head to to edit account information. It'll be easiest to do via a browser:

Message 10 of 18

How do I change my account name 

Message 11 of 18
Square

Hi @Kw2381 — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from Caty and let me know if that helps! If not, just comment with more details around your quesiton. 🙃

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 18

Square has wrong phone number and I can't change it help me 

Message 13 of 18
Square

Hi @dre20080 — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 14 of 18

I missed my email and didnt notice and i cant get my deposit until my account is linked. I cant verify cause its the wrong email can someone help me please. I am new to all this

Message 15 of 18
Square

@Pgphill - Sorry to hear! We can help sort this out, just reach out directly. Thanks! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 16 of 18
Beta Member

I can’t seem to log into my account with my new phone and I’m not really sure what to do because it wants to put in my email address it’s already downloaded on my iPhone

Message 17 of 18

Hi there, @Missychanpang - thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community. Good to hear from you!

I want to make sure I am understanding your issue correctly. Are you having issues logging into your account via the Square App on your new phone? If so, you will need to log in using your email address and password even though the App has been downloaded on your device.

If I missed the mark on interpreting your initial issue, feel free to reply here or reach out to our Support Team

I will keep an eye out for your reply! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 18