x

Timecards - Feature Request

@Sean 

Two things we need to see in Timecards

1) Day of the week - When we need to go back and edit or update a timecard it goes something like this "Hey last Thursday I forgot to clock in from lunch". In order to find "last Thursday" I have to open another window to view an actual calendar to see what day of the week last Thursday was. Dates are great but adding a 3 letter prefix (Mon / Tue / Wed...) would help identify the date easier.

2) Condense dates - Clock in / Clock out for lunch = 1 row, Clock back in from lunch / Clock out for the day = 1 more row of the same date. Instead of showing two rows by default, collapse /combine all clock in's and out's sharing the same date. If we need to expand to see more we can click the date and the day of clock in / out's would drop down. This would allow us to instantly see the cost as a whole day also. One total $$ amount of the combined hours.

Do these ideas make sense?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

@GroveandBaker - These sounds like some small changes that could go a long way! I'll be sure to reach out to our Payroll team and share your thoughts! Thanks for taking the time to make a post. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 8

That would be a nice update, thanks

Message 3 of 8

YES, YES, YES  I am new to square and was just thinking the exact same thing.  That would make it much cleaner.

Message 4 of 8
Square

@sirens - I'll be sure to share the feedback!  🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 8

@Sean  Could I also Request that the

Time card CVS REPORT  have the "CLOCK IN" AND "CLOCK OUT"  times and Date in the proper format.   Currently the Date Format is fine,  however the CLOCK IN and OUT times are neither in a time format  or a format that can be reformated to Time.  

The Transactions REPORT time is fine.  

Currently i believe it downloads as TEXT.  

That would be nice.      

THannks  seems like the CDT causes the time to not format properlyseems like the CDT causes the time to not format properly

@Michael-StarB   @STARBCAFE

Message 6 of 8
Square

HI @Michael-StarB. Have you tried selecting the column and changing the format through the spreadsheet settings? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 8

I was finally able to reformat, but it took some time to figure out the proper @functions in Excell to deduct several characters.  

Message 8 of 8