x

Event Management: Can I use Point of Sale to manage multiple events for a school?

I am interested in using square for the k-12 school I work for. We have many events throughout the year that we take credit cards for. My question has to do with keeping track of multiple sellers at one event. For example, we have a fall barbecue and we sell both tickets to the bbq and pumpkins that day. Is there a way to set up each device so that I know how much money came in for pumpkins and how much for bbq tickets? The money will all be deposited in the same place I just need to make sure I know how much each seperate seller brought in.

I read the info about multiple business locations. Would I set up "pumkins" and "bbq tickets" as different locations?

Let me know if there is another way to do this or if this is the best way.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @bwrede,  I would just set them up as items in the same location.  Then you can give access via mobile user permissions.  This will allow you to not only track howm much you sold by item but by user.  Then if need be a user could sell both.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @bwrede,  I would just set them up as items in the same location.  Then you can give access via mobile user permissions.  This will allow you to not only track howm much you sold by item but by user.  Then if need be a user could sell both.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks!

If I set up 2 items - one for pumpkin and one for tickets is there a way to make each device default to its item so the volunteers don't have to choose between pumpkin and tickets for each sell? I really appreciate the help.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

If you are using a phone they will both be listed on the screen.  Even with just one item, they will always have to select it.

If you are using an iPad you can add the items to the button grid.  Here you could put one item on one grid page and the other item on the other grid page.  Once they navigate to the page it will stay there until they navigate away from it.

Otherwise creating a second location would allow you to just have one item,  again it would have to be selected each time.

Message 4 of 6

If I set it up this way as items does this mean I am using the POS and the fees are 2.9% +.30?

Is there no way to tell which device a transaction was taken on? The difference between my iphone or my ipad?

Thanks so much for your help.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

That is the fee if you use invoice.  If you Swipe or chip the card it is 2.75  if you key it is 3.5% +$0.15.

If you use device ID you will be able to track the devices.

Message 6 of 6