x

Welcome Thursday: October 19th ๐Ÿ€

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€

I hope everyones doing well on this fine Thursday! If you haven't heard it's offically basketball season! 

giphy-downsized (1).gif

I would really appreciate it, if you took a little time out of your day to help me welcome some new members that have joined over the past week! 

Newbies, please take the time to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your business! If you do not see your name listed below, still say hello! ๐Ÿ˜„  ๐Ÿ‘‹

@Myhandymanben

@daniesq

@ndb_bakery

@Aquarius38

@cm4

@fesoicher

@jbuchman

@AmandaKurdziol

@TheByrdHouse

@Bj-ent

• Remember to give out likes for posts โค๏ธ  and mark great responses with "Best Answer". โœ…  Learn more in our community orientation
  • If you have questions or comments about running your business or Square, please post! We'd love to hear what you have to say. 
  • If you would like to learn more about the Community Team, check out Meet the Team: Puka! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  

Cheers and thanks for joining the community! 

Chad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Beta Member

My name is Kristina and my husband and I own a small batch Bakery located in Forest Grove, Oregon. We started our business out of our home and various markets, and now have a storefront. Square has evolved with us and we are pretty happy with it. Look forward two chatting with other users on the site.

Message 2 of 9
Alumni

Love this, glad Square has been able to evolve with you! Welcome to the community, @ndb_bakery ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

Thank you! 

Feel free to visit our website at www.nextdimensionbakery.com I have set-up Square for take out, as well. 

Message 4 of 9
Alumni

Wow, beautiful wedding cakes!! ๐Ÿ˜

Message 5 of 9

20170714_173652.jpg

Assortment of my bowls - no 2 alike

Lto R Bowl, Cheese slicer, cutting board, cheese slicer

A striking combination of woods

Message 6 of 9

Well - the pictures didn't work but that's ok.  

A little about me - retired and have a small wood shop.  I make various items using domestic wood including oak, walnut, butternut, aromatic cedar, poplar, yellow pine, blue pine, Osage orange, maple,honey locust and more that I just can't remember right now.

My favorite item to make are bowls using the RingMaster.  Cheese slicing boards and cutting boards come in second and third.

We have only used the Square for one show but did notice a significant sales curve having the ability to accept cards.  To say we are happy with the results so far would be an understatement .

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

@TheByrdHouse, thanks for your post and for joining the Seller Community! That's great that sales increased for you at your last show! ๐Ÿ˜€  If you have a website to share, maybe that'd be a good way for us to view your photos - not sure why they didn't show up in your last post ๐Ÿค”

Message 8 of 9

Kpay -  thanks for the acknowledgement.  We (my wife and I ) have been 'making sawdust' for over 30 years but didn't persue retail sales until 20 years ago and it was at a once a year 3 day craft show.

It was a lot of fun because we were among the same vendors once a year for 18 years at the Atwood Fall festival.  It was an outdoor event and rain, snow, sleet and combinations of those conditions were apt to happen and did.  We did have some very good weather years occasionally, so it was worth the effort.

For most of those years I made free standing hutches, cupboards and various types of free standing furniture in rustic unfinished fashion.  However, at th ripe young age of 70, uncle Arthur (itus) for some reason crept up on me and I made the executive decision to NOT make anything that I couldn't pick up with one hand.  Then my current inventory of bowls (done without a lathe), cheese slicers, cutting boards and various other gift type and usuable items were born.

I don't have a website nor am I on facebook or any of the other social networks, not because I don't know how but because I don't want to.  I'm a one man show and we attend 6 to 8 craft shows a year and I can just barely keep up with face to face sales.  The good thing is that this is a hobby for us since we are both retired and it's just a way of staying busy and generating a little extra cash flow.

I'll try to figure out why my pics didn't appear, I'm sure you would enjoy them.

Message 9 of 9