x

Square POS: Updating Help

just updated square POS 30mins ago and lost all previous transactions.  Had it for two years and i had to input all my info again

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi @robi1 - Oh no! Hopefully, we can help you resolve this! 

Just to double check are you using Square POS or the Appointments app? 

After you updated, did you click "log in" or "sign up"? We've seen some people accidentally create a new account after updating since the "create account" button appears first.

Let us know if this helps!

Message 2 of 7

Im sure i hit the wrong button.  Is there a way to turn this back.  It will be a major disaster if i cant.  This is for my buisness

Message 3 of 7

Im using POS

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hi @robi1 - Maybe you used another email address for your Square account? If so, you can log out of your POS account now and log back in with your other email address. If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it with these instructions

We've seen situations happen before where a Seller has been using Square for a while and forget their login so when they go to update, they create a new account. Hopefully, the steps above fix things for you! If not, you can call our Support Team who will be able to help you out!

Message 5 of 7

Katieand:    Thank You so much.  Have a wonderfull Christmas or Holiday....You saved me, you are the smartest,coolest, anyway thank you Robi1

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Happy holidays to you too!

Message 7 of 7