x

What is the referral policy?

A friend refered me to square, so can someone please explain the referal policy to me.

Thank all,

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

1. "When your friend activates a Square account through your link, they can process up to $1,000 in credit card sales for free during their first 180 days.
  2. For each friend who successfully activates a Square account, you get free processing on your next $1,000 in sales over the next 180 days."

I found the above in the account section (Get Free Processing) of my Square Dashboard. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Best Answer

1. "When your friend activates a Square account through your link, they can process up to $1,000 in credit card sales for free during their first 180 days.
  2. For each friend who successfully activates a Square account, you get free processing on your next $1,000 in sales over the next 180 days."

I found the above in the account section (Get Free Processing) of my Square Dashboard. 

Message 2 of 38
Square

@HeyItsMuff You've got it! 👍🏻

@j_32 You can also find more details about Square's Free Processing Program here: 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5209-square-s-free-processing-program

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 38

and where do I let square know who told me about the offer so we both get this credit?

Message 4 of 38

My friend sent me the link to sign up but not sure if it worked...how can i tell if i am getting the first $1000 in free processing?

Message 5 of 38
Square

@stessieb3 - You'd see any pending free processing balance in the top right corner of the Get Free Processing tab of the Square Dashboard

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 38

I’m still waiting for my additional FREE processing from referral but am still getting charged fees. I’d love my refund since she’s all set up and has been using Square for more than 60 days. 

Message 7 of 38
Alumni

Here's details on our free processing program: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5209

@RNR4EVR: As long as she signed up through your referral link the processing credit would have already been applied to your account. Did you get an email from us letting you know about the referral? You can also check your Dashboard to see your free processing balance: 

https://squareup.com/dashboard/account/referrals 

Message 8 of 38

This reply was created because we merged a thread originally titled: "How do I get my "referral bonus" for having another business start with square?"

I recommended SQUARE to a business owner, who then followed up and started with SQUARE.  It's been a while, but the bonus was "free processing for up to $1000 of charges to square." or something close to that. 

Message 9 of 38

This reply was created because we merged a thread originally titled: "How do I get my "referral bonus" for having another business start with square?"

I’d like to know the same thing because Square is charging me processing fees when they should be FREE due to a referral. She’s had plenty of sales as well. I’m following to see how to get this resolved and get my fees refunded. 

Message 10 of 38

I got an email saying someone signed up and that I’d get $1000 but it was never added to my account - is that because I still have rewards sitting in my account currently?? I saw a claim and then got side tracked and never clicked it in the app and now it is gone. 

Message 11 of 38
Alumni

Hi @CydneyJ - You should receive the free processing reward for each new Square seller you refer. If you're still not seeing it, please give our Customer Success team a call or send them an email and they can help you receive your credit!

Message 12 of 38

Is the referral program Concurrent or would it be $1000 PER referral 

Example 2 referals would be $2000 total or $1000 for first 180 days then another$1000 for the FOLLOWING 180 days.

Message 13 of 38
Alumni

Hi @GS75861 - Thanks for your question. Your referral reward should be $1000 per referral and the length of time will start when that referral is activated.

So if you got two friends to sign up for Square using your referral code, but two days apart, your first 180 days would have up to $1000 in free processing, and your second reward would start two days later, but continue for 2 days after to complete the total 180 days. Let me know if that makes sense!

We also shared some best practices on referrals in case you're interested.

Message 14 of 38

Does it start from the day they sign up or the day that you activate it?  I sure would be nice if I could activate it at a later date and have a longer period without fee rather than a shorter period with a higher fee threshold.

Message 15 of 38

How do I know that my friend received her referral credit?

Message 16 of 38
Admin

@gstephens You'll receive an email notification every time someone signs up using your referral link. The email include the name of the person who signed up, but if your friend used the link they can confirm that they received their free processing from the Get Free Processing section of their online Square Dashboard. This section shows active rewards, as well as the steps they can use to refer other people to Square! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 38

Message 18 of 38
Alumni

There absolutely is! When your friend signs up using your referral link, both of you will receive reimbursements for card processing fees for up to $1000 in sales over the next 180 days. To get your free processing link, log into your Square Dashboard, and click "Account & Settings" In the left menu. Then click "Get Free Processing."

Feel free to share the link with as many people as you'd like! I'd also recommend giving this article a quick read as it gives all of the official details on the program: Square's Free Processing Program

Message 19 of 38

I wasn't told I needed to adjust something in my dash board, I rece ved and email stating they would automatically reimburse. I am wondering when will they do this??

Message 20 of 38

I saw a post about free processing if you add a square debit card but dont see a specific link?

So do I just get the card or is there an extra step needed?

Message 21 of 38