x

Can I add more details to a receipt after the payment has been processed?

Is it possible to go in and add Sales to a day in the past?

I have employees fill out a form when they make mistakes and i'm wondering if i can go in and edit past sales to reflect mistakes made?

Message 1 of 9
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Is it possible to go in and add Sales to a day in the past?

Hey @ssnowie — thanks for surfacing! At this time, the option to edit previous sales isn't available. Once a sale is completed, all details become locked.

As a work-around, you may consider refunding and processing any payments that were incorrectly entered. This would help you balance your books.

I can see how this feature would be helpful for your business and I realize that the current work-around is a bit cumbersome. Let us know if anything else comes up!

8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @ssnowie — thanks for surfacing! At this time, the option to edit previous sales isn't available. Once a sale is completed, all details become locked.

As a work-around, you may consider refunding and processing any payments that were incorrectly entered. This would help you balance your books.

I can see how this feature would be helpful for your business and I realize that the current work-around is a bit cumbersome. Let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9

I too am wondering how to add sales to a previous day. Please note that I don't want to edit or remove prior transactions; I want to add totally new sales. To illustrate: While I was on my break last night, my relief had some sales that he forgot to tell me about until today. I want to go back in to yesterday's sales and add those sales. Is that possible? Thanks.

Message 3 of 9

I have been using Square for 5 years now and am still waiting for this very IMPORTANT update 

Message 4 of 9
Square

@icecreamgal @barry818 - Appreciate your patience. We'll be sure to update this thread if any progress is made on this feature. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 9

My client needs more details on the electronic receipt for reimbursement.  Can I add details to receipts after the fact...and if so how? 

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Hey @VideoArt, thanks for bringing this up. We aren't able to edit the details of a payment once it's completed — this includes any notes or items included on the receipt. If refunding and processing the payment won't work, you might consider drafting your own receipt/invoice with the added details outside of the app.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 9

Is there anyway to add side notes that are not necessarily part of the reciept but just for our own records and be kept within the square app?

Message 8 of 9
Alumni

Hey @nashbrian1 - If you're looking to add notes that will be tied to the specific transaction, I'm afraid that's only available at the time of sale. An option is to add notes to the customer's profile if you added them to the sale.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 9 of 9