x

cashiers need to see sku, description and price. I only see description and price...how do I add SKU

During checkout cashiers need to see sku, description and price. I only see description and price...how do I add the sku column?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

The sku is more for internal uses, during the pos it's not available but you can find and set sku details in the item tab. Hope

this helps. 

Message 2 of 5

Hey @CatherineMix as @sippaintsmile mentioned you won't see the SKU on the check out screen. With Square Point of Sale the SKU is used for a barcode scanner, so your employee won't have to manually enter the item SKU or search by name in your library. 

Could you share your check out process so we can try and search for a work around? 

Message 3 of 5

We are using the SKU column to hold a unique ID for each piece of art in our annual show.

I was able to concatenate the unique ID with the item name (or is it description?) So now I see 3 columns of data on your 2 column display screen.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5

Well, I'm glad you were able to find a solution that works for you @CatherineMix! If you have any other questions just let us know! 

Message 5 of 5