x

Customer refund not received

I received an email telling me that Square has refunded my customer but it has not be deposited to her account or taken from mine. This has been 21 days now and she is very upset. What is the holdup?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

Have you looked at the transaction in your Square Dashboard to make sure that the payment has been refunded successfully?

While we can't get into account specifics in the Seller Community, if a refund is successful it should be returned to your customer within 2-7 business days. 

If nothing comes from checking your Square Dashboard, you'll need to reach out to our Support Team so they can take a look at the payment with you. 

Also, I recommend having the customer check in with their bank for any refund credits just to make sure it didn't go through without them noticing. 

Message 2 of 4

I issued two refunds on the 22nd of july and my customers has not recieved the credit back to there credit cards yet I've seen there statements and it's not there they are asking me should they dispute those charges with there bank 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @Scorpio1- I moved your post over to this thread so you can check out @ EJ's answer above because it's been more than 7 business days since you refunded your customer.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4