x

Is Square Stand being discontinued?

Hi! 

I'm planning on purchasing my Square system in the next couple of weeks & I just noticed that the Square Stand isn't available in the POS kits anymore! Does anyone know why? I would hate to purchase something that might discontinue soon.... Being the Windfall stand might be my go to, how do you all like it?

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

That is an interesting observation.  Personally, I don't recommend buying the kits from Square as you pay more than buying it individually from Amazon for the printer and cash drawer.  I highly recommend the square stand over just an iPad stand, because of the built-in swivel and integrated mag strip reader.  you can get the square stand and contactless reader here. https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/ipad-pos-stand-credit-card-reader

Message 2 of 5

That's a good idea, I will definitely check out Amazon! Yes, I definitely think the magstrip attachment could be a problem over time. Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bafranco

Square Stand isn't going anywhere!

We don't have any plans to stop offering the Square Stand, and while it's not listed in the POS Kits page you can still purchase it along with accessories through our Square Shop.

As @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, you can also find it through 3rd party sellers and might even be able to save a few dollars in doing so. 

Message 4 of 5

Awesome that's great to hear! Thank you!

Message 5 of 5