x

In my gallery sales,how do I track several different artist's sales on one single sale transaction?

I recently opened an art gallery and I need to know how & what is the best way to categorize my artists (under what title- for tax purposes and end of month sales tracing purposes are they "items "or "employees" or can I make a category) and then how do I track their montly sales with out going through each sales transaction one by one. Often times one sale will involve several items from different artists. How can I locate/track an individual artist  sales for the month? This is necessary in order to pay the artists their commision at the end of the month. Going through each sales transaction take a lot of time and leads to making mistakes, I often miss something.  thank you 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

I'm an artist, but don't know about how you would do it tax wise, but if you wanted to keep track of sales by artist, you could create a category and list their art under it so you can choose those at time of sale.

Message 2 of 7

Thank you, I have done that for sales and it works beautifully, and I think i finally found the answer to my question tho, about tracking total end of month sales for each artist, I just have to keep clicking on things to see what happens..... 🙂

Message 3 of 7

Dear Arton, 

I am also strubbling with the Artist v. Item set up on Square. Can you give me any guidance . . . or examples of how you did it?

Denny

Fremont Art Association

Message 4 of 7

Again, looking for set-up guide for art association where sales must track members' and their items.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Hi @FremontGallery - I think @RCT has assigned artists as "Categories" in the Dashboard and then listed their art as "items" that you can add to the categories. 

Hope this helps!  

Message 6 of 7

Thanks,Katie. Yes, I have gotten that far. Just surprised that each artist must have their item put under their individual name/category. Is there any other advice you can give me?

Message 7 of 7