Undo Button/Site Versioning

I love that Weebly saves automatically, because it helps if the computer shuts down, we lose power, I'm being blonde and click the wrong thing, etc. However, sometimes you do something and then want to smack yourself because you screwed something up. It'd be so awesome to have "save points" or an "Undo" button, to where you can make or undo changes until you hit that big 'ol publish button, then it flushes the save points. This way, even if something does happen, computer shuts down, whatever, if you haven't clicked "publish", you know the site saved a few save points up till that point, so you wouldn't worry so much if you clicked the wrong thing right before the apocalypse happened and you broke something Smiley Happy

• designer
  • editor
  • pages
  • site editor
Comments

I feel like this is one of the most asked for features! Thanks for suggesting it here. We'll see what we can do.

I have gone through a few situations myself where I am scrambling to find an undo option but alas there is none. I did manage to undo the changes that I accidentally clicked in but just wanted to give my +1 to this suggestion. 

Undo button for sure, with my site complete.   Make changes is nerve wracking.  I think... What if I click something and everything gets jumbled.   Undo would ease my worry. +1 for undo

Yes!  Undo or versioning to be able to revert to a specific version.

I'd definitely love to see site versioning. One particular use case where this would be helpful is if you're redesigning the site, but still want to make edits to it in the mean time.

Yes please! Or some sort of version control so actions can be undone. 

+1 to versioning.  Right now, I have to leave the site, copy the whole site, and jump back in to make the edit or I archive the whold thing and then make the change.  Versions would be GREAT!!

Hi, folks!

Yes, we need a "mutiple undo" button for simple changes to a page.

I have found a (kludgy) workaround when seeking to redesign an entire page:

1. Click "Pages" on top menu bar.

2. Find the page you want to work on, then click on it.

3. In the next screen, change the name . . .like "Home (test)."

4. Put a checkmark in "Hide in Navigation."

5. Click "Copy."

6. Drag the new page up from the bottom of the list to right under the original, active page you are redesigning.

Voila! You now have a copy that you can play with to your heart's content until you come up with a better, more efficient design that meets your needs. When you have finished, you can delete the original page, change the title on the new one to match the old, make it active in navigation, then "Publish."

I'd love an "Undo" button too and have had need of one many times on both of my Weebly sites!

I'd love to see Weebly add version control and the option to publish select pages rather than the whole site at once. Version control would make it significantly easier to manage changes, especially for people like me who tinker with the actual code. Templates are nice, but they should still be customized to stand out and look different. Sometimes making these changes breaks things -- version control would be wonderful.

Also, why is there not an option to publish changes for a single page rather than the whole site? I find myself having to duplicate pages, edit the copy, hide the copy, and go through a ton of hoops to work on pages that aren't all done at the end of the day -- but I still want the pages that are done to be live. Please add a "Publish this page" option.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors