x

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is having an "Open Ticket" an option in Square for Retail?

Using Square for Retail, if  Customer #1 needs to leave the counter during a transaction, can I save or suspend their ticket while I ring up Customer #2, and then go back to complete customer #1's sale?

95 Comments

I use a lot of open tickets for my customers but my problem is that the inventory does not update until the ticket paid, which in my case could be a month or more.  It would be nice if the items were removed from inventory when the ticket is made or when items are added to a ticket.  Thanks.

Square

@teamyz - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! I definitely see where you're coming from. As you might have figured out, this feature was primarily designed for our restaurant sellers. Would you mind sharing more about how you use this feature for your business? I want to be sure to pass along detailed feedback to our Reporting team. Thanks

@Sean I was trying to use Tickets instead of invoices because adding items to invoices does not update the inventory. At first, I thought it could be a workaround until Square integrates inventory with invoices. More like "Open a ticket then invoice it" workaround.

Square

@shadz - Thanks for the follow-up. I know this is definitely a feature request we've heard. I'd suggest subscribing to this thread for future updates. Hopefully this a functionality that comes down the road. 

Hey @loboyle, this is a great question. 

Currently, Open Tickets is not avalible on Square Retail. I will make sure to pass this feedback along to the product team. I see how having this on retail could be useful and cut down on having to rely on the Point of Sale App. 

Please check out this article to see how Square for Retail is different from Square Point of Sale. 😀

I completely agree! I think it should be available on the Square for Retail App too. Makes no sense that its on the FREE app but not the app im paying $60 a month for! 

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @JennaGS

How would you apply this feature for your business? I'll be able to pass your feedback along to our Retail team. 

Hi! As far as my business, we are a Game Shop where we have alot of events for Magic the Gathering, Pokemon and other similar games. On the weekends when it is super busy, open tickets could be VERY helpful! Instead of having to ring customers up for a snack here, a pack of cards there, and so forth, we can just tally everything up on an open ticket and check them out when they are ready to leave! It's easier than having to write it all down, then having to waste more time trying to look everything up when they are ready to go. Just add their items as they get them, and check out in a quick minute. Like i said, its honestly kind of crazy that this is a feature on the FREE app, yet not on the app we pay $60 a month for... you would think it would be included too!

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for that information @JennaGS

If anything changes I'll post an update for everyone 👍🏼

Has this functionality been turned on yet?  We need to have inventory on-hand depleted when the invoice is created, not paid.  Or, if this can be turned on for use with ticketing, that would be good too.