x

A way to show services specific to a location?

A way to show services specific to a location?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “mulitple locations with different services”.

I am a chiropractor and I adjust in multiple locations with different services/pricing offered based on location (housecalls have set fees while in office do not). Is there a way to show only services for that location rather than it showing them all? Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: mulitple locations with different services

Hello @bodysoundMT, currently we don't have the ability to differentiate services by location. This is feature request and we'lll share any updates we'll update this post to let you know.

This is not a perfect solution, but as a workaround you could create a service with the location in the name. For example, 30 Minute Massage (Office Visit) or 30 Minute Massage (Home Visit). This way each service can have it's own respective price and your customer knows which location their picking. 

33 Comments
Admin

Thanks for flagging this, @CinnesLMT, and welcome to the seller community. I went to check for updates on this request, though there aren't any that I can access and share out right now. Hopefully, Chad's workaround that was suggested on the first page helps for the time being.

Sorry for any confusion or added work this may cause—we'll return to this thread with any other developments as they become available.

Can products then be added to the appointment booking since they may be assigned to location? 

Admin

Hey @hoteladdict,

I went to check on this and the ability to add products (e.g. items from the Item Library) to an appointment booking is not available at this time. For now, you'll have to add any products to the sale at the time of the appointment. I'll be sure to surface your post—please let me know if you have any other questions or insight you'd like to raise with our Appointments Team.

I have two locations for my business. I would like to offer a limited number of services at my second location. Even though I have it in the items list that certain services are available at only one of the locations. The service is still available for booking on the online booking site. Is it possible to specify locations for services without adding a staff member?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @magnoliamae

Welcome to the Seller Community!

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as a few of your fellow sellers had the same question. 

It's not an available feature at the moment, but the Best Answer provides a workaround that I've seen a few sellers use. 

This solution does not work for us. We are in Location A: Tues, Thurs, Fri and Location B: Monday. This solution would make online scheduling extremely confusing for clients.  

I know It's not ideal @magnoliamae , but aside from adding staff members it's the only thing I've seen used as a workaround successfully. 

Hopefully another seller can chime in with their own process that could better fit what you're trying to do.

If you come up with something let us know, as I'm sure there are a few other sellers running into the same issue. 

This seems like a pretty basic feature; I hope that it makes it into production very soon.

The workaround isn't going to work for my business either as I offer completely different servcies in my studio than I do when I am on location. Making all servcies available or none at all is very confusing to clients and makes this solution unusable for both. For now I am going to have to use another service for booking my location work. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts around this @richcirminello and I'm sorry we don't have any workarounds that fit your business needs. 

Keep an eye out for updates and hopefully we can get something implemented that works for everyone in the near future. I'll do my best to advocate for you in getting this product update prioritized. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Multiple Locations need different service at each location....

Hello--I'm having the same issue. Unfortunately, my services don't appear as items...? I'm using primarily online scheduling.

Thanks!

Benjamin