Uploading options

It would be really nice- and should be easy- to offer these two features:

1) a randomized image gallery option that allows you to mix up your uploaded galleries occasionally.

2) when uploading to existing galleries, have the option, or make it default, to place newest images on top. Currently, images added to galleries load at the bottom which makes no sense.

Thanks! Great service otherwise.

mark

www.Nomadic.Photography

• elements
  • images
  • site editor
Comments

Why you don't put more options on photos/galleries, like Mosaic view, or Round Circled photos, etc.

I vote for this as a nice feature but first I expect that they will finally fix a bug causing photos disappear from galley or slideshow when a new file is uplaoded. It makes me really annoyed. 

I am an illustrator. My website is my portfolio and it needs to look good and be efficient. 

I would love to see more image ratio options for galleries. Currently there is only square, horizontal rectangles or “none”, which aligns all of the images by height. None of these options are very attractive if your images vary in dimension. It would be much nicer visually to have the option of aligning all of the images by width, as well as having a vertical rectangle option.

I believe you need a masonary style grids for your gallery.  In absence of that just don;t use gallery.  Use individual images and align/stack them whichever way you want to.

I would like to be able to choose where in a picture the "zoom" happens when I select square or rectangular. Right now it is the middle, but that isn't always the best choice for some of my artwork, vases, or sculptures. Thus, I resort to unnatural cropping which doesn't show the better image when expanded.

Please give us the option to simply replace images in a gallery while maintaining the current captions & links. 

Currently, we have to add new photos, which are then placed at the bottom of the gallery & re-add the link and caption and move it back to where we want it to be. 

Having the option to replace the image in the gallery would be much easier.

Ron Smith THESECRESHED.NET 

Replacing an image in a chain of images would be extremely helpful. I have made changes with my images on the categories element and had to rebuild all categories for that one change. When you have 16 categories it's not a lot of time but would be big help.

I also wanted to add:

You can see an example of how I use galleries on my site: emilyhopperdesign.weebly.com

For example, if you click on "Shop" and then choose "Feathered", I have multiple galleries on this page which showcase various items that I offer for sale through Society6 & Redbubble. Any time that I want to change the mockup image, I have to add a brand new image, re-enter the link and caption and drag it back to where I want it to be.

Tedious, but not that big of a deal. 

However, it gets reeeeeeally tedious when I need to do this for every. single. item. and. print. I. offer. (which is a lot!) It would be SO nice to simply be able to duplicate/copy this "Feathered" page & replace the images & links with a different product. But instead, I have to re-build the galleries for every single print that I have, which is extremely time consuming.

Status changed to: We're Considering It.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors