x

How can I print an Invoice from Square Stand via a USB receipt printer?

How can I print an Invoice from Square Stand via a USB receipt printer?

A little background:

I operate a brick and mortar retail store.  With the addition of pickup and delivery I've been using the Square Invoice feature, which has been pretty great.

Typically I use the Square Stand with ipad to checkout items.  I have been using my laptop to assemble invoices, but my staff and I can check existing invoices on the square stand ipad (for example to confirm they've been paid before releasing a package for pickup).

My square stand hub connects my cash drawer and thermal receipt printer (star micronics)

Here is my question:

Can I print an invoice from the square stand pos to the thermal receipt printer?  Or is there some other way to print a sales receipt for these invoice transactions?

I would like to be able to include these receipts in a customers carry out bag when they come for pickup.

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Not able to print invoices from the Pos is killing me cause I have to work around in a cumber...

Welcome to the seller community, @llzepeda.

Really sorry for the frustration on this—we definitely want to make sure our sellers are able to offer a streamlined experience for their customers. I went to check for updates on this request and there isn't anything that I can access at this time.

So that I can share more insight with our Point of Sale team, can you let me know why being able to print invoices vs. sending them via email is important for your operations? Appreciate your patience as we are actively making improvements based on seller feedback.

22 Comments

We are in the apparel decorating business.  We ring the customer up and they pay up front.  We give them a receipt and put a copy with the garment that will be embroidered.  However, the receipt doesn't have customer name and phone number to call when complete.  Thought work around would be to ring up as invoice, print invoice and complete payment through pay invoice.  However, I can't figure out a way (if there is one) how to print the invoice from the POS Register or Ipad Stand.  Printer is on WiFi network, but I only see the reciept printer.

Suggestions?

Admin

Hey @tleona21, welcome to the seller community and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this.

At this time, the ability to print an invoice directly from the Point of Sale app isn't available, but you can do so from your online Square Dashboard. Are you able to sign in and print from a web browser on your tablet or lap top computer? I realize that this workaround isn't the most efficient, but wanted to make sure you were aware it was an option. Learn more in our Support Center: Print and Share Invoices.

I'll also surface your post with our Product Liaison team, who is always working to make improvements based on seller feedback. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Not able to print invoices from the Pos is killing me cause I have to work around in a cumbersome wa

I have the same problem , my customers all print after but they need an invoice , i run a whole sale business and Most of the time people pay 2 or 3 weeks after , i was hoping if there is anyway to print directly from my ipad on the thermal printer so they have a proof of purchase ??? Can you help me ?

Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @llzepeda.

Really sorry for the frustration on this—we definitely want to make sure our sellers are able to offer a streamlined experience for their customers. I went to check for updates on this request and there isn't anything that I can access at this time.

So that I can share more insight with our Point of Sale team, can you let me know why being able to print invoices vs. sending them via email is important for your operations? Appreciate your patience as we are actively making improvements based on seller feedback.

Admin

@Alaadeenbest As Tom mentioned above it's not possible to print Invoices from an iPad to a thermal printer. You can print receipts using a thermal printer. Or you can sign in to your online Dashboard on a computer and print invoices as a PDF (using a printer connected that is connected to your computer).

If this changes in future we'll let you know in this thread! 

Also need this functionality. I'm unfamiliar with iOS limitations as i'm using Android, but having a button that simply converts the invoice to a PDF and/or sends an A4 copy to the regular system print dialog would be appreciated. Having the same option on the receipt page would make sense too.

I need to issue larger, higher quality invoices to clients. I currently have to generate them via third party tools like shopify, which is a pretty painful workaround to a simple problem.

I need orderA to print in the kitchen before accepting payment. Is there anyway I can make an invoice and then print those items to the kitchen printer.

Alumni

Looks like my buddy  @Tom answered this question for you. I merged you to this thread so you can check out his best answer. 

Beta Member

Hi Tom. Nearly two years later and I don't see a solution here. This is our situation. We are reopening as a pickup only store. We will accept orders by telephone and email. If someone has an email address, we will send them an invoice so they can enter their own credit card number. We run the shop on iPads; we do not have a computer in the store. We need to be able to print the invoice so that we can use it to pick the order and then staple to the bag to keep track of the purchase until it is picked up, as well to match the invoice number to the customer when they arrive. Can Square get a solution in place quickly to allow printing of invoices from the IOS app on an iPad? We have looked at using Tickets for this process, but that will not work as we would then have to take on the work of entering the credit card numbers. We do too much volume to do that with all the transactions.