x

Can I create or use Item modifiers that limit the number of selections in the Online Store?

We have rules for ordering items, like you can only select 2 of the sides, or only order one type of meat for an item being ordered.

However, this doesn't seem to work on the online store.

If this is something that Square can't support, we might be forced to select a different vendor for being our POS and online store.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @smokehousebbq! Currently customized modifiers don't apply to items available from your Online Store.

I see how this would be really useful for your online orders and I'll share your feedback with the Online Store team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

You can limit the number of modifiers selected but you cannot have preselected modifiers on the online store. 

In the item editor on the dashboard, choose the modifier you want then hit customize. You can choose min/max there. 

I heavily use preselected modifiers in our store, so I ended up creating separate items specifically for the online store with fewer options so we wouldn’t run into issues. Pain in the butt, but the bonus is it allows me to track the online sales separately. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thank you for sharing this workaround @ryanwanner

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4