x

Was my customer charged?

I ran a card tonight and it was declined on my end but on the customers end it went through

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

It seems like this may be the result of a failed payment, @roseborocollisi@cfdirector@sally3184, and @cfdirector

If the transaction doesn't show up in your payment history, but appears on your customer's card statement, this is a sign that your customer is seeing a pending transaction and not an actual charge. This transaction may look like a charge at first but the funds will not ultimately be deducted from her account.

You may want to ask your customer to clarify with her bank.

Take a look at this article on failed payments for more info: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5082-why-did-my-payment-fail

And if you'd like receive more information about this transaction in particular (this forum is public so we can't discuss account-specific info here), please reach out to our Support team: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Why does it show 4 pending transactions on a customers card but there is no transactions on my side?

Message 2 of 13

Having issues with the square. Worst customer service ever! I need to talk to a person ASAP not a computer generated response. Trying to process payment and it is saying declined, however the customers card is showing the payment went through? My dashboard is saying no transactions, I need this resolved asap!

Message 3 of 13

Please advise if you ever got response.  I have exact same problem.  Card declined but they have 2 transactions for different amounts from me so can't even refund because not on my register.

Message 4 of 13

same thing happened to me! what your matter resolved? if so what do i do to resolve my matter

Message 5 of 13
Alumni

This may be an issue with a pending charge. When payments are declined or don't go through, your customer may see a pending charge, which looks like a real charge, on their card statement. However, the charge should fall off in a few business days.

This article has more info: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5082-why-did-my-payment-fail

Message 6 of 13

hello i am new to square but i have a lot of clients who would like me to take there credit cards

so i am giving this a shot i took 2 payments and they are still saying pending?

please help or i will just take my payments else where 😞

Message 7 of 13
Alumni

Best Answer

It seems like this may be the result of a failed payment, @roseborocollisi@cfdirector@sally3184, and @cfdirector

If the transaction doesn't show up in your payment history, but appears on your customer's card statement, this is a sign that your customer is seeing a pending transaction and not an actual charge. This transaction may look like a charge at first but the funds will not ultimately be deducted from her account.

You may want to ask your customer to clarify with her bank.

Take a look at this article on failed payments for more info: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5082-why-did-my-payment-fail

And if you'd like receive more information about this transaction in particular (this forum is public so we can't discuss account-specific info here), please reach out to our Support team: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact

Message 8 of 13

I have tried reaching out to the square "team". It says they answer 7 days a week and I have not recieved an answer yet. Our business can not wait days at a time to resolve an issue such as this. When a problem comes up there should be a support number for immediate access to help resolve the issue. You shouldn't have to send an email and wait a unknown ammount of time for a response. With the amount of business we do with square I expect better service which is why we are currently looking into another service provider. 

Message 9 of 13

Why are my deposits from

square pending when

my customers were charged over a week

ago

Message 10 of 13

I am new to square. I attempted to process a friends transactions twice and it was declined on my end because I had the wrong billing ZIP Code. Her husband was contacted immediately by American Express saying that four transactions tried to go through for $350. How can I have this canceled immediately? I'm showing no completed transactions on my end in the square register app.
Message 11 of 13
Alumni

@Katiejaneg - Please see my answers above for an explanation of what's likely happening! If you'd like more details on your specific transaction, please contact our support team this week. To protect your privacy, we can't address details of specific transactions here in the community.

Message 12 of 13

I had the same issues.
I lost my square swiper, so I ordered. It is not here yet so I typed customer card number but I might typed wrong, he was using PayPal card. So I tried to type again,but then he got the email that it went through. So he dI'd not aloud to let me type his card agan. So I lost money .
Message 13 of 13