x

Separating tips by dining option

We have a small cafe. One waitress and one delivery person.  One Ipad stays in store. The delivery person has the other. 

Is there a report that separates the tips paid on the in store Ipad (waitress) and delivery persons iPad without having to go through each transaction?  

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bri1,

Thanks for reaching out!

What you want to do here is use Location settings to track sales/tips made in-store vs delivery. 

For example, you could make one location called "Cafe" and another called "Delivery", then have your iPad in the cafe logged in as "Cafe", and have your delivery driver's iPad logged in as the "Delivery" location.

Once you've got this set up you can then track sales and tips by location via the sales reports section of you Dashboard.

Hope this makes sense, give it a go and let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bri1,

Thanks for reaching out!

What you want to do here is use Location settings to track sales/tips made in-store vs delivery. 

For example, you could make one location called "Cafe" and another called "Delivery", then have your iPad in the cafe logged in as "Cafe", and have your delivery driver's iPad logged in as the "Delivery" location.

Once you've got this set up you can then track sales and tips by location via the sales reports section of you Dashboard.

Hope this makes sense, give it a go and let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 4

The problem with that option is that all orders are placed using the in-house iPad. If we create the delivery iPad as a separate location, from what I was told, none of the open tickets will show on the delivery iPad that are created on the in-house iPad.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Bri1,

This is correct - open tickets are device-specific until you charge them, after which they can be viewed in the transaction history of other devices, but not altered (except for refunds).

So at the moment it's not possible to tip a delivery driver on an open ticket if the ticket has been opened on a different device. It's possible features like this may be included on Square for Restaurants if we end up launching this product in Australia in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 4