x

Can you print more than one order ticket?

Using square on a food truck.  they order 3 different kinds of pizzas--would like to print 3 tickets to staple onto 3 pizza rounds

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Square

Are you using Open Tickets, @Tammy1?

It's kind of a work-around, but if you are using open tickets you'd be able to do this by saving the ticket each time you add a different order. 

So long as you have order tickets enabled in your printer settings, a new order ticket will print each time you add an item to the ticket and save it.

It's a little cumbersome since you would need to save the ticket and reopen it for each order on the bill, but would work for what you're trying to do. Let me know if I can clarify anything!

Message 2 of 56

So I have a cafe and I am trying out Square for our POS. I like to use my ticket stubs as a label for drinks. I have a category for coffee and one for tea. Sometimes I have a client who orders both coffee and tea or two different kinds of tea. I would like to print the order stubs twice in this case to label the drinks drink separately. But my printer only prints one ticket stub per order. 

The alternative is to split the order so I can have two stubs for each drink but this is not efficient as the customer would not want to pay per drink instead of all at once. 

Has anyone figured a way to get out of this? 

Message 3 of 56

It should be the same solution as below. But turn on ticket stubs for the 2nd printer as well. 

Yes you can print 2 open tickets

Just need to setup the printer twice.

e.g

1st Printer: "FrontofHouse": set to print orders and receipts etc..

2nd printer: "Order": Set to print only orders

Turn both on

When you settle a transaction the order will print on the first printer and then the second will print the order again

🙂

Message 4 of 56

Thank you. This is very similar to a question I had. 

Message 5 of 56
Square

Sure thing, @rhycce! Just found your other post as well. I'm going to merge it with thread since it's still the best workaround for this scenario. Thanks!

Message 6 of 56

I'm wonderjng if you have another work around to reprint Order Ticket with the all items, not just the one that just added.

I need to give one Order Ticket to the kitchen and another receipt to Customer. The Order Ticket Stub does not include any item infomation.

Thank you

Message 7 of 56

I have the same question of this. Can anyone help?

Message 8 of 56
Square

Hi @Cpk and @callychin, sorry for the delay. Not quite the same as the order ticket, but the best option for this is Print Bill. 

Either prior to saving the order, or after reopening from your Open Tickets, you can tap the drop-down menu in the top-right, and click Print Bill. This will print out an itemized receipt for the customer but will leave the transaction open. 

Hope that helps!

Message 9 of 56

I am a franchisee for a smoothie cafe and wanted to switch to Square.  Most of the time, we get at least 2 items (smoothie) or more on a ticket, so I need to print separate ticket stub and different employee can make it.  Currently I don't see this option, does anyone know if it possible to configure the terminal this way so when we take the order and customer pay, it printer separate ticket stub.  Thank you 

Message 10 of 56

Sure seems like "How many duplicates to print?" would be a nice addition to a future update. We need two complete tickets. If the Print Bill workaround does work, I don't think it's going to have the customer name on it, which we need.

Message 11 of 56
Square

Thanks for posting, @RNG. I will add that the printed bills do include the ticket name, so as long as your tickets are saved under the customer's name, it will be included on there.

Message 12 of 56

A function of how many tickets to primt is very very important for small business. We switch from kounta to sqaure but feel disappointed without this function. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Message 13 of 56
Admin

Hey @harvesthq — welcome to our seller community!

Thank you for taking the time to weigh in on this. I'll pass this over to our Product Liaison team as we're continuing to track this request — apologies for any inconvenience. In the meantime, hopefully the workaround that Spenser suggested helps!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 14 of 56

Hello,
How can we print again a ticket (working order) a few minutes, hours or days after we printed saved it?
We receive a catering order on Monday and we print the tickey (work order for the kitchen).
Then, 24 horas latter the costumer make a change.
We can modify the ticket (working order, not the bill) in the Ipad, but we do not have a new print with this modification.
So, with each modification we have to do a new ticket?

Impossible.
Square must have another soution for this.
And to print the bill it is not the solution because we do not have all the information.

Thanks.

Message 15 of 56
Square Community Moderator

@Makus I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by this. 

You can use the Print Bill feature to print up an itemized ticket without closing the ticket like Spenser mentioned above. 

The ticket stays open, allowing for you to add items to the open ticket if needed. 

Message 16 of 56

Sorry, my english it is not the best.

The ticket/bill is perfect.
We also print a working order behing in the kitchen with comments.
We can re print the ticket/bill as much times as we want.
But we can only print the working order (behind in the kitchen) just once.

So when we have caterings and people order in advance and make changs latter, we can't re print the new working order with this changes. So we have to do all the order again to have a new print with the changes.

Was I clear now?

Message 17 of 56
Square Community Moderator

@Makus If you're using Open Tickets, adding items to an existing ticket will automatically print to the designated kitchen ticket printer (so long as the printer is supported and you've designated categories to the print to the selected printer). Was this not happening for you? It might be an issue with your settings. Our Support Team can walk through this with you to get you setup properly. 

@Lomelis Unfortunately yes, you would need to switch to an ethernet printer so that the orders can be printed automatically via your wireless network. 

Message 18 of 56

Just ordered the SP742 Ethernet kitchen ticket printer for a burger restaurant and I'm still trying to figure out how to print septate tickets for the kitchen for each individual person's burger on the same order. So that way for example if there is a party of five I can staple each person's customised ticket on their bag. How do I do this?

Star Micronics: SP742 Ethernet - Kitchen Ticket Printer

Message 19 of 56
Square

Hi @raymondrbowman. 👋  At this point, you would need to ring folks up separately if you want to print separate order tickets for a single order. I can definitely see how this functionality would be useful for this scenario. I'll be sure to share your suggestion with our product liaison team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 20 of 56

There seems to be no solution Square has for this, even though it is very basis.  I have spent a lot of time talking to different ppl at Square, but no progress.  May be if more owners complain Square will put a team to figure out this feature.   

Let say I am coming with 4 family member and we order 5 different burgers with different ingredients.  The kitchen employees will need to see 5 separate tickets so more than 1 employee can make the order.  Because Square is printing 1 ticket for complete order, it is difficult for multiple employees to work on it.  

This is the situation I have, I need Square to send kitchen printer each line item from an order 

Message 21 of 56