x

How Can I Determine If A Customer Used A Federal Government Travel Charge Card?

I need to know if a customer used a federal govt charge card for one or more services.  How do I do this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@hervejb At this time there isn't a way to see the type of card used to pay for a service. You can see the card brand (Visa/Mastercard etc.) and the last four digits of the card used in the Transactions section of your Dashboard.

You can also download this information using the Transacations CSV report. To download this from the Dashboard click Export in the top right corner.

Can you let me know why this information is important to your business so I can share your feedback to our reporting team? Thanks! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

This information is important for compliance with Floride state and local tax reporting requirements.  In Florida, active military duty personnel are exempt from various state and local taxes.  Which means that I don't have to collect or remit them.  However, they have to meet certain requirements.  And I have to submit proof to the government when filing taxes.  One of the requirements is that they have to have paid with a government-issued credit card.  So I need the ability to know this.  Such cards are numbered in specific ways as outlined below.  Can you let me know if the card used meets these requirements?

See "Recognizing your account" below

https://smartpay.gsa.gov/content/about-gsa-smartpay#sa372

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Hi @hervejb - Thanks for sharing that info! We don't have access to account specifics (including payment details) in the community, so you should reach out to our CS team to get some help identifying the card. 

Message 4 of 5

Thank you.  So far CS has not been able to help.  And the customer not being cooperative.  Any other options?

Message 5 of 5