x

Editing fields/layout of item for sale? It's fine in app view, but web view is redundant/scrolling

Hi, is there a way to edit the fields of an item for sale, or to even see the fields?  The view looks fine on a phone, but the web view uses fields I can't even review to edit, and the font is so large that it requires scrolling to get to the details.  From the dashboard, I found the item and clicked edit, but not all of the fields that appear in the sale view appear in the edit view.  Is there another location to edit items for sale? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

@HAH It sounds like you're using Square's Online Store? You can edit details of each item from the Store Editor of our Square Dashboard. (Sign in > select Online Store > then select Store Editor). Click on an item to make changes to the name/modifiers/shipping options. If you're still not able to update a particular details can you reply with an example here? 

As for the way your store appears on a mobile device you could try a different Online Store template, like Roebling, which is more mobile-friendly. To choose a different template navigate to the Store Editor again and click Change Theme at the top of the screen.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

Hi Helen, thank you for the reply.  The mobile view actually looks ok; the web view is redundant and requires scrolling, as the photo is so large and can't be made smaller.  The text fields limit word count, which is also tricky to work around. It seems the template sets those restrictions.If you know of a template that allows for more flexibility, I'd be grateful to know.  Thanks again for your reply.  

Message 3 of 3