x
Beta Member

Is there a way to set up a gift registry in square?

I would like to have gift registries at my shop.  I was wondering if there was a way to do it through Square.  

Message 1 of 20
3 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Hi @TincysCorner, no updates unfortunately! While this isn't currently something in development, we'll update here if that changes in the future. Thanks again.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @ATGP - thanks for jumping in here!

The workaround we would recommend is the Open Tickets feature that you referenced in your post. With Open Tickets, you can create and save transactions to be completed at a later time. Or in this case, you can create a 'transaction ticket' that includes a customers registry items. 

Here is a step by step guide to using Open Tickets. Let us know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 20

Best Answer

Ah - I see. Thanks for clarifying that, @ATGP.

It looks like you're not the only one asking for this feature. We have received a lot of feedback about how Open Tickets would be helpful for Sellers using Retail. While we don't have any update to share on when this will be available, we will continue to push out any news updates here in this thread. 

Joe

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square

Great question! We do not have a platform for gift registries but that is a unique request. I'll absolutely share that our with our Product Liaison Team. 

Message 2 of 20
Beta Member

That would be really awesome.  With our inventory already setup in Square, everything would be right there for them to go around our store and scan the items for their registry.  I hope Square can incorporate this unique request!  With all of the weddings and baby showers coming, I could definitely use it plus at Christmas time it would be awesome!!

Message 3 of 20

YES please!!! this would be great for our brick and mortar and website!

Message 4 of 20
Beta Member

I am curious if there has been anymore thought to adding a gift registry feature to Point of Sale?  I am trying to figure out a way to possibly do it through an invoice.  Any ideas?

Message 5 of 20
Square

Best Answer

Hi @TincysCorner, no updates unfortunately! While this isn't currently something in development, we'll update here if that changes in the future. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 20
Beta Member

I would be interested in this feature tool

Message 7 of 20
Beta Member

I just started doing this and have simply scanned all items the customer wanted to register for and have saved it as a "Ticket". It isn't the best system, but a way to make it work. You can also save pertinent customer info. like this. 

Message 8 of 20
Admin

Thanks for sharing this @everlasting! 🙂 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 20

Since this is not on the Square docket, does anyone know of a gift registry app that is compatible with Square?

Message 10 of 20

Has anyone found a solution? I'm constantly asked, and I don't know what would be best.

Message 11 of 20

Ditto that!!  Would love to have that... I'm researching third party solutions now...

Message 12 of 20
Admin

@Alicias and @brick

Thanks for this ask. At this time the creation of a gift registry is a Feature Request. But we'll continue to track this option for future iteration.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 13 of 20

Is there a workaround the Square team recommends, I have a kitchenware store and this is crucial to my business. Also one of the users mentioned a ticket, how does that work? I am at the point of having to buy a different software for gift registry and I am honestly not happy about this. 

Message 14 of 20

Best Answer

Hi there, @ATGP - thanks for jumping in here!

The workaround we would recommend is the Open Tickets feature that you referenced in your post. With Open Tickets, you can create and save transactions to be completed at a later time. Or in this case, you can create a 'transaction ticket' that includes a customers registry items. 

Here is a step by step guide to using Open Tickets. Let us know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Message 15 of 20

Hi @Joe thanks for the response, unfortunately i have square for retail, not the mobile app, how do i open a ticket then?

Message 16 of 20

Best Answer

Ah - I see. Thanks for clarifying that, @ATGP.

It looks like you're not the only one asking for this feature. We have received a lot of feedback about how Open Tickets would be helpful for Sellers using Retail. While we don't have any update to share on when this will be available, we will continue to push out any news updates here in this thread. 

Joe
Message 17 of 20

Have you come up with a solution to the gift registry yet??? I am adding a baby section to my store and need it for baby shower registry. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Message 18 of 20

Would be great if we could at least access Tickets from the computer and export into Excel. 

Message 19 of 20
Beta Member

Any updates? Having the ability to create a gift registry would be fantastic. 

Message 20 of 20