x

Can you print a duplicate receipt?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Absolutely you can print a duplicate receipt. Here's how: 

• From the Square app, tap the following icon in the navigation bar: Three Horizontal Linesor the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:Register Switcher
  • Tap Transactions.
  • Locate and tap the payment you’d like to reprint.
  • Tap Send Receipt > Print Receipt.

Voila!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Best Answer

Absolutely you can print a duplicate receipt. Here's how: 

• From the Square app, tap the following icon in the navigation bar: Three Horizontal Linesor the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:Register Switcher
  • Tap Transactions.
  • Locate and tap the payment you’d like to reprint.
  • Tap Send Receipt > Print Receipt.

Voila!

Message 2 of 13

yes but if it is a credit card payment and there is a tip given your POS will show there is an amount due equivalent to the tip. 

annoying and totally overlooked by the square developers who sit in a room all day instead of using the system as we do. 

Message 3 of 13

I do not have the option to print, only to resend.  Can anyone help on printing a duplicate receipt?

Message 4 of 13
Admin

Hey @rnw-

Do you have a receipt printer connected to the device? 

Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 13

I still have not received a workable response.  

FYI:

-Our payments are taken online using the website online app, and entering data manually.

-Yes, we, of course, have a printer attached.

-Sometimes we need to reprint receipts.

-Current solution of Transactions>Send Receipt>   does not provide us the alternative to print only to send by providing an email or telephone number.  We need to print.

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

There's no built in print option if you're taking payments from the Online Dashboard. 

Best bet it is to open the transaction details, hover over a white/empty spot on your screen with your mouse,  right click > Print to a laser printer. @rnw

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 13

I think I figured it out for you, because I had the same problem! Copy the hyperlink to the receipt from your transactions and paste it to a new window, but change the word "preview" to "printable" in the link. BAM!

So: https://squareup.com/receipt/preview/thereareLOTSOFLETTERSHERE

change the word preview to printable

https://squareup.com/receipt/printable/thereareLOTSOFLETTERSHERE

Message 8 of 13
Square Community Moderator

@leveragelegal thank you SO much for sharing this with our fellow sellers. It helps quite a bit. Also, welcome to the Seller Community!! I look forward to working with you and answering any questions you may have in other threads. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 9 of 13

thank you thank you thank you! this worked perfectly and is exactly what I needed!

Message 10 of 13

I need to reprint a receipt from the dashboard. How?

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

Did you ever find out how to print the receipt again?  I can not figure this out for the life of me and it seems like it should be so easy

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MSTAPLETON - just to clarify, are you looking to reprint the receipt from the Online Dashboard?

If so, there is no formal process - however, the best workaround would be to access your receipt from the Transactions tab, and then print the actual receipt page from your online browser window.

Joe
Message 13 of 13