x
Super Seller Alumni

Hub for Square Stand

The hub on the Square Stand has room for 3 plug-in accessories. Is their a way to expand this to except more accesorires? We have the Cash Drawer, Receipt Printer, and the Contactless Chip Reader and Holder already plugged into the hub. For computers they have usb plugins that offer more slots, was wondering if anything is available for this.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question @Ron. As the USB hub can only carry a certain amount of power, there is no way for us to expand the number of USB slots on the hub and still have adequate power to run all of your accessories. But you are able to connect your contactless + chip reader wirelessly which will free up on of the USB slots for you!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

Great question @Ron. As the USB hub can only carry a certain amount of power, there is no way for us to expand the number of USB slots on the hub and still have adequate power to run all of your accessories. But you are able to connect your contactless + chip reader wirelessly which will free up on of the USB slots for you!

Message 2 of 6

this issue comes up each year and I was told last year square was working on increasing the number of usb ports on the main hub. We are a california state park and it is always uncertain as to wether or not the internet will be working well enough to support the bluetooth contactless chip reader. We use the ports for 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hi @ND - Can you tell me a little bit more about your set up and what you're looking to connect? We can try to find some better solutions for your Square set up. 

Message 4 of 6

I am having an identical issue.  We have the card reader, printer, and cash drawer plugged in.  Recently purchased a barcode scanner and there is no room!  We also do not want to rely on bluetooth.  I tried to just unplug my cash drawer but then it won't keep track of cash in and out.  Do you know if I disconnect my register, will it still track how much in sales were cash.

Also, the hub seems to be getting a little unreliable where I sometimes have to unplug and replug to get things working.  What is the usual life span for the hubs?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @Lisa133  - Welcome to the Seller Community!

We'd be happy to provide you with some clarity. The Square hub is expected to last about 3 to 5 years, however, the life expectancy of our Square hardware will be dependent on many factors such wear and tear. 

When it comes to tracking your cash sales, Square will track these sales if they are entered manually via cash in the system. In your Sales Summary report you will be able to see payment metrics like total collected (revenue by tender type) and fees.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 6