x

How do I move the items in a list?

I have a list of items and I would like to move and reorganize the order of the list.  Some items at the bottom of the list I would like to move closer to the top etc.

Been looking all over this site.  Was hoping there was a drag and drop feature.  Any help is much appreciated!  thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

Currently, there is no way to reorder category lists. Category items are ordered alphabetically with no ability to move them.

For now, I've added symbols in front of some items to push them to the top. So, instead of "Soup", I made it "#Soup."

We, at our business, were also disappointed that items were not able to be reordered, as it would make our lists quicker and easier to navigate (i.e. put lesser used items towards the bottom, and popular items near the top). We hope Square developers will add this functionality in a future update.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
Square

Best Answer

@fixabullwny - It sounds like Mike hit the nail on the head with this one. 🔨  Would you mind marking his answer as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. 

Also, to better control the order, you should be able to place a leading a, b, c, d..... to control the order, as well. For example:

A - Hamburger

B - French Fries

C - Apple Pie

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

Currently, there is no way to reorder category lists. Category items are ordered alphabetically with no ability to move them.

For now, I've added symbols in front of some items to push them to the top. So, instead of "Soup", I made it "#Soup."

We, at our business, were also disappointed that items were not able to be reordered, as it would make our lists quicker and easier to navigate (i.e. put lesser used items towards the bottom, and popular items near the top). We hope Square developers will add this functionality in a future update.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you!  Really appreciate the tips, I'll be adding the "#"'s.  Though, this seems like such simple and standard functionality that is nothing new.  Hope the next release includes this feature too.

Message 3 of 5
Square

Best Answer

@fixabullwny - It sounds like Mike hit the nail on the head with this one. 🔨  Would you mind marking his answer as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. 

Also, to better control the order, you should be able to place a leading a, b, c, d..... to control the order, as well. For example:

A - Hamburger

B - French Fries

C - Apple Pie

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 5

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Organize Items on Mobile app" The author has been notified via email.

Is there a way to organize the items on the mobile app so that I have a "favorites" section of the most common items I use? Currently it is alphabetical, but I would love to be able to have a favorites screen.

Message 5 of 5