x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412

So how do we sign up for this? Obviously your preferential treatment for Apple products that you recieve a kickback on has backfired in the fact you have 12 pages of users who *want* the equal treatment for our Android products as well. You're missing out on a LOT of subscriptions for people this entire time the community has waited for the product, so really you should offer sign ups for the Early Access for people who *want* it, not who you *pick and choose* because you obviously can't pick & choose correctly.

Message 2 of 413

I'm interested in trying please 

Message 3 of 413

Hello,

I am so excited.  Please put me on the list for early access to the Adroid App.   We will be sure to give constructive feedback. We are a salon with several locations, we also sell products online via wordpress with the square woocommerce plugin that syncs with our square point of sale app and appointments app on iphone devices.  I am over the moon that I can go back to just one phone (my adroid phone) now that this app is available.   So thank you, thank you, thank you in advance.

Message 4 of 413

I’m in, sign us up. That’s all we use the app for anyway- appointments and checking clients out.

thanks!

Message 5 of 413

I most definitely would like to test the app!

Message 6 of 413
Alumni

Thank you everyone for your interest in the early access program. I do want to quickly clarify what I mean when I say that we're keeping our audience 'limited' to start.

Right now, we can only invite people to the early access program whose accounts fit certain requirements, because we haven't yet finished building the app, and the app does not yet support every different configuration of account.

We'll follow-up via email with everyone who has expressed interest in this thread. We'll determine your eligibility to join based on account factors like whether you've already onboarded to Appointments, activated payments, whether you have staff members or multiple locations on your account, etc.

Thanks everyone!

Message 7 of 413
Beta Member

Interested! 

Message 8 of 413

I'm interested please 

Message 9 of 413

Yes! Finally....I am so interested.

Message 10 of 413

Please sign me up for early access

Message 11 of 413

Not sure if I am qualified but I wouldn't mind being part of the trial. 

Message 12 of 413

I just started to use the appointments feature and I would love for it to come to android. I would love to be part of beta test. thanks so much!

Message 13 of 413

I'm interested in trying out the beta version, I am slowly getting into computer programming and I'm well aware that it may not work properly. 

Message 14 of 413

I would love to  be considered for this

Message 15 of 413
Beta Member

I just signed up for online appointment booking and use Android. I would like to be part of the early roll out if possible. I can access it from my internet with my phone, but it's a little frustrating to have to keep flipping back and forth between my chrome app and the square app.

Thank you so much!

Message 16 of 413

I'm interested!

Message 17 of 413

I'm interested

Message 18 of 413

Interested!! 

Message 19 of 413
Beta Member

I've replied that I'm interested and have yet to receive a response. I'm a one person business. It's difficult using the website on my phone to schedule appointments 

Message 20 of 413

Hi, I'm very much interested. 

Message 21 of 413