x

How do I add multiple extras to an order?

When checking customers out, how can I add multiple items on the same screen; such as adding flavor to a drink, without having to go back to the categories screen?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Are you looking for something like drink modifiers? We use modifiers in our coffee shop to do shots of flavoring, like vanilla / caramel.

I may be misunderstanding the question.

Message 2 of 11

@7thdaycafe,

Not sure we understand your issue.  You can use the ALL Items to avoid having to go through categories... Does that help?  Otherwise you really need to help us understand that you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Bob

Message 3 of 11

@rsklar, @StrikerTS, when ringing up a cafe mocha, for example; I want to add whipped cream. I am having to click the drink, then add it, then the screen returns to all the categories...I then am having to add whipped cream. Is there a way that when I can do this with one screen/click?

Message 4 of 11
Super Seller

Message 5 of 11

@VanKalkerFarms Perfect!  Thanks soooo much!!!  Second week in business and this will definitely speed us our process!

Message 6 of 11

@7thdaycafe follow the link that @VanKalkerFarms attached with modifiers. I have, for instance, setup the flavor shots / whip cream in modifier menus, then attached each modifier to every drink that can use the modifier. 

So in the "Latte" screen you will see modifiers for Vanilla, Caramel, Chocolate, Mint. Then in the "Mocha" screen you see the same menu. You can also put a price tag on the modifier option!

Message 7 of 11

I have too many items to fit on 1 screen, so I use categories for certain items.  For instance I have a "Snacks" category.  Sometimes people purchase multiple items in the "Snacks" category.  Right now, I have to select the "Snacks" category, then the item each time.  Is there a way to click on multiple items within a category, so I don't have to keep exiting and going back to the same category?  

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

Hi @piesbymike - Not sure if this thread answers your question, but look at the discussion above. If we can provide any more help, please just let us know!

Message 9 of 11

Can you choose a modifier more than once? I want to create a combo mix where you can order 3 of the same item or a mixture of items

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @HubKatulo  and welcome to the Seller Community! At this time Modifiers are not quantified. What I've seen other Sellers do is create Modifiers that read 1 x Sugar, 2 x Sugar, etc. I know this isn't convenient but it's the currently available workaround. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11