x

Looking for information for Frozen Yogurt shop

I am looking for information/direction from someone with experience with square that runs a self serve frozen yogurt shop. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Did you have a particular question about operations or work flow with Square?

Message 2 of 10

Can I set a price per tenth of an oz using a fraction of a cent? I have a scale that measures to 0.1 oz increments hence I need to be able to set tenth of an oz at 4.5 cent to be equivalent to my price point of 45 cent an oz. I want to switch to square at my fro yo shop but I can't do that unless this is possible. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hi @Shard, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up. We aren't able to process payments or track items that include a fraction of a cent at this time. While I don't have a workaround available currently, rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our Product Liaison team, who is always making improvements based on seller feedback.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll circle back to this thread as soon as we have any useful updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

Did you find a way to work square in your yogurt shop?

Message 5 of 10
Square

Did you have any particular setup questions I can help out with, @clive?

Message 6 of 10

Thanks Spenser - was wondering how everyone using this managed without integrated scale?? Which scale are people .using that reflects price on both sides ie cashier and customer??

Appreciated

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Hey @clive, thanks for circling back. While we don't currently offer an integrated scale, many customers have had success using the CAS 2000 Jr. scale, which can be pre-programmed to record weight and price. Learn more about best practices for this in our Support Center: Price Items by Weight.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction, and thank you for your patience as we work to improve on this request. Please let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 10

Mark me down as another soon-to-open frozen yogurt store that wants an integrated scale. I want to go with Square Register, but I'm afraid I will not because of the lack of an integrated scale.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @samcrump

If anything changes with this, I'll post an update. We know how important this particular feature is to sellers like yourself, so keep an eye out for updates. 

Message 10 of 10