x

Lost use of my contactless reader with POS app after your last update

I have never had previous difficulty with Square POS and contactless reader. I use predominantly my Iphone 6plusS and to a lesser extent my IPAD Pro. My devices are updated immediately whenever available.There was no Apple update when my trouble began. This has nothing to do with Apple.

There was, however, an update for the POS app. I cannot tell you how long it had been sitting there but I suddenly realized I was being asked to update it and so I did. First came the locations i had to enter. The first screen suddenly had a ton more options on it, rather than the straightforwardness of the predecessors. And I was being given a walkthrough of how to use it!

From that moment, my contactless reader would not connect to the POS app on my Iphone. I only had the option to manually enter the card. My Ipad, however, did not have the affliction yet, so that worked. Unfortunately, this week, my Ipad also fell into the category of “no contact”.

I have since deleted the app, reinstalled it and no change. I “forgot this device” in my Bluetooth settings and my Iphone won’t find the Reader at all. Now, my Ipad did but the POS app is not recognizing it at all anyway. In fact, the app itself looks weird on my Ipad. Its kinda gray. It only looks normal when I press on it.

I do not understand what happened. A  case of trying to do too much? The thing that set you apart was 1) simple 2) reliable. Now it is not. I hope its only temporary. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I'm not sure exactly what all you are refering to changing, nothing has changed in the Square POS app as far as the screen where you would enter sales and choose items in a while.  you can give customer support a call tomorrow and they can help you troubleshoot your connection to the contactless reader.  

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click "Other"

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1 (855) 700-6000

Depending on your specific account, you might not have phone support available, or you might have limited hours of support. If your account doesn't have phone support, Email is the only way to communicate so that there is proper documentation of the conversations.

if you have a smartphone you can program the phone number with the code into your phone so it will be there next time, store it like this 18007006000,,xxxxxxxxxxxx . (your code goes where the xs are).  The commas tell the phone to wait 3 seconds each and will automatically enter it for you.

Message 2 of 2