x

Where does the Square Reader connect into my iPhone 6?

Where does the Square Reader connect into my iPhone?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I'm assuming since you are asking this about an iPhone, you have an iPhone 7 which doesn't have a headphone jack.  When you bought it, it came with a lightning to headphone adapter in the box.  Plug the adapter into your phone and the square into the adapter and it will work.

Update 2018: If your iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack you can buy the new Square magstripe reader with lightning connector.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

I'm assuming since you are asking this about an iPhone, you have an iPhone 7 which doesn't have a headphone jack.  When you bought it, it came with a lightning to headphone adapter in the box.  Plug the adapter into your phone and the square into the adapter and it will work.

Update 2018: If your iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack you can buy the new Square magstripe reader with lightning connector.

Message 2 of 9

No, I have an iPhone 6.

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

Well, then It plugs into the headphone jack on the bottom of the iPhone 6.

Unless you have a Bluetooth version which doesn't plug in at all.

Message 4 of 9

Thank you SO much, VanKalkerFarms!

Message 5 of 9

is there a new square to conect without using an adapter the adapter makes it not user freindly

Message 6 of 9

Hey @zografion50, you should check out the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader, it connects to your phone wirelessly. This reader uses bluetooth to connect to your tablet or mobile device. 

Please know this reader will not process magstripe cards.

Message 7 of 9

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Magnetic card reader

What kind of adapter do I need for my iPhone 6 to use my Square magnetic reader? 

Message 8 of 9
Admin

@Kcourts You can use the Square Magstripe reader with Lightning connector to take card payments with your iPhone 6! 

This thread has more information about the Square Contactless and Chip Card reader too, which is another option! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 9